Unvaccinated coworkers and HR!

J

JenCow

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
Just took this job at a college (lab manager) and there are SO MANY rules that go along with lab life in a school. My biggest concern here, is that my coworker (who I work closely with all day) is unvaccinated and not planning on getting that way any time soon. Coworker is pregnant but still continues to go out and party, and today I heard her talk about friends coming in from out of town. I live with a high risk individual and have also lost several family members to covid and don't want to be the cause of another.
I know she has her rights as a pregnant person, but I honestly feel she's using it as an excuse to not get the shot. She "is doing her own research" and all i hear is BS excuses to not get it. I don't want to work around her all day (maskless wtf) while there are students (100's) and an open clinic next door. Seems unfair to me, also, you know?
I suppose I could go to HR, but I need a solid complaint. I am willing to cause quite a riot over this-after seeing family go, it's not up for debate in my eyes anymore. Do ya'll have any good points to bring up? I want this woman vaccinated or gone from the lab.
I swear I'm fun to work with, but between this and having to babysit 100's of students, I'm a little on edge :)

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
Just took this job at a college (lab manager) and there are SO MANY rules that go along with lab life in a school. My biggest concern here, is that my coworker (who I work closely with all day) is unvaccinated and not planning on getting that way any time soon. Coworker is pregnant but still continues to go out and party, and today I heard her talk about friends coming in from out of town. I live with a high risk individual and have also lost several family members to covid and don't want to be the cause of another.
I know she has her rights as a pregnant person, but I honestly feel she's using it as an excuse to not get the shot. She "is doing her own research" and all i hear is BS excuses to not get it. I don't want to work around her all day (maskless wtf) while there are students (100's) and an open clinic next door. Seems unfair to me, also, you know?
I suppose I could go to HR, but I need a solid complaint. I am willing to cause quite a riot over this-after seeing family go, it's not up for debate in my eyes anymore. Do ya'll have any good points to bring up? I want this woman vaccinated or gone from the lab.
I swear I'm fun to work with, but between this and having to babysit 100's of students, I'm a little on edge :)
You are in a very tough position. First off, I would do everything to protect yourself. Wear a mask and keep your distance from her as much as possible. I would talk to her and explain your situation and that you understand her reluctance, but that you need to ensure the safety of yourself and your family. Maybe she will even start wearing a mask since she isn't getting the vaccine.

If she isn't respecting your situation at all, then I would consider the HR route

J

JenCow

Reaction score
You are in a very tough position. First off, I would do everything to protect yourself. Wear a mask and keep your distance from her as much as possible. I would talk to her and explain your situation and that you understand her reluctance, but that you need to ensure the safety of yourself and your family. Maybe she will even start wearing a mask since she isn't getting the vaccine.

If she isn't respecting your situation at all, then I would consider the HR route
Yeah, I’ve tried all that “talk to her and maybe she will come around” stuff. She’s currently blaming Biden. Girl, Biden didn’t get you knocked up. I hate to have to be the bad guy here, but I’m thinking about all my dead family members and losing sympathy.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I feel the same way about unlicensed labs.
They are putting the public at risk and why should they be allowed to operate when I had to prove to the government that I follow all the rules?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I live in Indiana. Our lab isn't licensed because our state leans way right and that means less regulations on businesses. I got my CDT not because I had to but because I thought it was a good idea. I would have no issues if we had to get licensed.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
You have the right to be safe for yourself and your family

J

JenCow

Reaction score
Update!

I went and talked to HR. I told them my concerns, she’s not vaccinated, isn’t going to be, wears the ol’ chin diaper etc etc. I also let her know I have had deaths in the family due to covid, and I live with an at risk person.

They told me “well it’s mandatory she gets the shot. Pregnancy isn’t a reason to not get it. So. It’s mandatory she has it by Oct. 1st (that’s tomorrow, right?) so I guess I’ll wait and see. Feels bad tho, knowing your family has died from this and she’s all “I’m doing my own research”.

btw, When I hear “I’m doing my own research” I automatically think you’re special needs.

Affinity

Affinity

Reaction score
These bots.. wow. Travis you gotta do somethin.. So youre saying youre happy and willing to start a riot to get a pregnant woman fired, who has probably been there longer than you since you just took the job?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
sorry affinity im going to support jencow on this one. jencows work college has the right not to get vacced but not the right to endanger others you cant smoke inside either. ill support the right for people to smoke drink do drugs but not the right to endanger others. you cant drink or drug drive either.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Its a flu. 99.997% recovery rate. More people die from alcoholism than covid, where's the outrage for banning booze?

You have NO right to demand, ask, or imply what ANY person does with their body. NONE.

You're vaxxed, so your safe right? who cares if anyone else is.....

Unless the experimental MRNA isn't actually a vaccine, and is really DNA modifying garbage and doesnt protect you, right?

Affinity

Affinity

Reaction score
Hows all that working out for you down under? Any grandmas get maced lately? You can support whoever you want. I would choose to support a pregnant mother over a neurotic sociopath. Another miley cyrus wrecking ball spoiled child that will tear down anything that offends her. Surprised shes not telling her to get rid of her baby.. oh wait, shes just telling her to inject it.. NBD.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
Since when do we wanna get pregnant women to get any vaccine?
Oh yeah... I know. Lately, since the science changed.
Sorry for your loss, but out of fear you cannot force anybody to do what you think is right.
She could say the same thing, that she is afraid to be around you being vaccinated.
But let's not get into the vaccine debate...
Everybody has a choice. You made yours, and she made hers.
Were you this eager to cause a riot when you saw a pregnant woman smoke, or drink before covid? I don't think so... you know why? Because it's not your business! You can talk to people, tell them it's not healthy or whatever your views on the subject are, but cannot force anybody!
The school had a policy, even that is not yours to force.
Also, I don't think you are fun to work with, you can swear it... when you put your nose in other people's business, you are not in my eyes. She can do anything she wants in her free time, you can only tell her at work of what or how to do if you are her boss.
And listening of what people talk about, especially if she was talking to someone else and not you, is not nice...
She lost her job, and she will get another one, maybe not now, but later. You can be happy about it or not... but hope one day you will not end up in the same the situation...

J

JenCow

Reaction score
These bots.. wow. Travis you gotta do somethin.. So youre saying youre happy and willing to start a riot to get a pregnant woman fired, who has probably been there longer than you since you just took the job?
I know I came off harsh, but this has been on ongoing issue. The vaccination is just the latest thing. You can't be denying the vaccine because of pregnancy, but still go out and party. I've been conflicted with saying anything, but I choose me and mine over this mess.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I was thinking of a business start up. Something based along the lines of the star of david patch idea. But maybe like the bill of rights or constitution, and it says retarded person under it. That way we can more easily keep those people grouped to certain areas. Ugh, it is so weird that people aren't more afraid of this pandemic! Hello! It's a pandemic! Look, you anti-vaxxer selfish liberty loving fools, how does Australian Health Minister Martin Foley's report of 22% of hospitalized NON Vaccinated covid patients not terrify you into getting the vaccine so you can be like the 78% VACCINATED hopitalized Covid patients?!?!?!?! Oh my gosh! And if you really don't want to be convinced , don't read the BBC article on how the un-vaxxed are causing all of this!! one third of all positive cases....drumroll please...the freaking unvaccinated! Which means what about the other 2/3rds? Yep, they are all vaccinated and they are there because of the unvaccinated! And if you read, it clearly says that nearly 13% of the those responsible of flooding the hospital systems are once again the un-Vaccinated!! THIRTEEN PERCENT!!!! Are you anit-vaxxers blind?!?!?!?!? I'll do a bit of math for you cause of how stupid you are. 87% (yes, eighty seven percent) of those in hospital with covid are the victims of the non-vaxxed. Those 87% did their part and risked taking the new vaccine even though they don't know any long term results. Now, don't even get me started on India and ivermectin. Just go suck a tube of horse medicine
1633111503915.png

There's no point trying to convince you anti-vax fools. Go cling to your guns and your free speech and God. And for hell's sake's!! I'm freezing so could you all please put your coats on?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Shoot, I guess I should say I was joking. Segregation will never be ok especially as it mirrors Jewish history and what we learned by their segregation.
And I thought it was obvious I was pointing out some glaring truths. Words can be extremely misleading even when obvious numbers are right there. “A third of positive cases are unvaccinated” what if the title was worded “2/3rds of positive cases are people with vaccine” and everything in the article didn’t make the minority unvaccinated sound like the problem? But instead pointed out that the vaccine isn’t really so amazing?
?
I think the vaccine is good and helps people in the danger zone that makes up the overwhelming number of deaths. Those people should absolutely be vaccinated if they want to and should wear masks if they want to and avoid socializing if they want to and should avoid working, and traveling, and shopping if they want to. The same goes to everyone else not in that danger zone, who have a 99.4-99.9% survival rate. They can choose as well.
But man, having government leaders, social leaders, and the media literally dividing the country in half?!? The ugliest and worst parts of history is repeating right now and it’s scary to be in the group that usually loses liberties and life.
I’m deciding that the 👍 and Agree ✅ that my above post received didn’t agree with the Star of David patch idea. Also hoping you guys don’t really feel so disgustedly towards fellow Americans that my sarcastic post voiced.

doug

doug

Reaction score
You can be both if you have personal rights in mind

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Its a flu. 99.997% recovery rate. More people die from alcoholism than covid, where's the outrage for banning booze?

You have NO right to demand, ask, or imply what ANY person does with their body. NONE.

You're vaxxed, so your safe right? who cares if anyone else is.....

Unless the experimental MRNA isn't actually a vaccine, and is really DNA modifying garbage and doesnt protect you, right?
Its really not, its got an average 2% mortality rate worldwide, with some places being as high as 9%. Large amount of people are under the impression that Vaccine means immune 100% its not, it lowers the risk of contracting the virus and helps mitigate the symptoms if you get it. The effectiveness is in the high 90's but you can still get it. People not respecting the safety of others by still going out to large gatherings not wearing masks and not being vaccinated put people at risk of not only the original but variants aswell.

You can't smoke near me because it effects my health, you also can't drive on the same road as me if you drink, if your unvaccinated and still go out partying you shouldnt be allowed to be near me also while potentially having a deadly virus, doubly so when the person has someone who is at risk at home...