Uniz/ Form2?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we're giving printing service. items are mostly dental arches. And moreover we're printing rings, pendants, artworks printings w/ uniz. after using slash plus for a while and getting good feedback from customers, we got Uniz's distributorship in US. I can't say it is 100% perfect 3d printer but it is pretty good. Here is my neutral thoughts;

pros: basically it's fast and reliable. resins are not expensive and also the machine is compatible w/ 3rd party resins.
cons: no lcd screen showing printing info, needs extra slicing configuration for tiny models, software UI should be better
cool, thanks for the reply.
are you using other printers too?

archematerial

archematerial

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the reply.
are you using other printers too?
yes, we were using form1 and still using form2. Since formlabs resins are expensive, we prefer mostly slash plus. i'm sharing one of our cost analysis we made below. The table table shows total cost of printer + 50 liters standard dental resin of same brands. I added also build volume at the right. Hope it benefits your business. thank you!

Printer modelStandard Dental Resin (50L)3D Printer PriceTotal CostBuild Volume
formlabs form 3$7,450$3,499$10,9495.7" x 5.7" x 7.3"
formlabs form 2$7,450$2,850$10,3005.7" x 5.7"x 6.9"
uniz slash plus$4,900$2,849$7,7497.5" x 4.7" x 7.8"

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes, we were using form1 and still using form2. Since formlabs resins are expensive, we prefer mostly slash plus. i'm sharing one of our cost analysis we made below. The table table shows total cost of printer + 50 liters standard dental resin of same brands. I added also build volume at the right. Hope it benefits your business. thank you!

Printer modelStandard Dental Resin (50L)3D Printer PriceTotal CostBuild Volume
formlabs form 3$7,450$3,499$10,9495.7" x 5.7" x 7.3"
formlabs form 2$7,450$2,850$10,3005.7" x 5.7"x 6.9"
uniz slash plus$4,900$2,849$7,7497.5" x 4.7" x 7.8"
the nice part is the Forms being open so you can use other resins....though they obviously want you using theirs. there are sooooooooo many resin options nowadays and hopefully some serious r&d gets put into more resins. materials are really the downside of printing right now

archematerial

archematerial

Reaction score
yes that's right, materials should be developed and alternatives must be created. In FDM side, major players like BASF entered to filament market. Resins need that too.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes that's right, materials should be developed and alternatives must be created. In FDM side, major players like BASF entered to filament market. Resins need that too.
i dont think it will be too much longer. the printers have come a long way and i think manufacturers are seeing that additive manufacturing makes more sense (and cents)!

archematerial

archematerial

Reaction score
i dont think it will be too much longer. the printers have come a long way and i think manufacturers are seeing that additive manufacturing makes more sense (and cents)!
currently slash plus is compatible with 3rd party resins. Some resin brands may be good at dental printings but some at engineering. Uniz enables to choose the right resin i need. Basically i'm using 3 different resin brands for dental, art and engineering projects; Uniz zDental, Monocure and Siraya Tech.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
check out the user forums on face book you will see lots of success with some and others its all about solving problems they are having.the more successful printers on their forums they have paid more for their printers its that simple.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
check out the user forums on face book you will see lots of success with some and others its all about solving problems they are having.the more successful printers on their forums they have paid more for their printers its that simple.
which printer are you referring to? i mean, there are forums for all of them and all of them have people having success with their prints

G

grantoz

Reaction score
asiga you look at their forum its very positive .the others there is a lot of this didnt print, this broke i cant recallibrate my machine i cant use other resins etc.