Unhappy Patient

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
In fact we should get some tshirts made brother.

th

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Looks fine, but maybe the pt feels the centrals are too prominent (wide).. so it looks 'fake' or bucky. 'Aesthetic is an emotion' so unless you can experience the life this lady has and 'feel' the same as she does, (or any pt for that matter) all you can do is what you feel is esthetic. Dr approved it, as did pt, its cemented. NEXT. Dont get hung up on it.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Riley, don't beat yourself up bud, that's a BEAUTIFUL case!!!!...sure, you could tweak the incisal embrasures (and this may be night and day for her) but the Doctor could of done that chairside as well and still can. Sounds like you need to take the Doc out to lunch and find out what's really going on. That's a lot of work only to be gutted. Hang in there.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
edit: enough of being reminded of how bad my case came out. Post and image deleted.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
first,
thanks for posting @RileyS .... it happens to us all. got two centrals back to be remade the other day....no diagnostic, no temp model, dr said to proceed and make "ideal" since we were correcting horrible twisted centrals. so i did. they looked great. except, they didnt look great to the patient. luckily they didnt seat them, but same deal. what works for us doesnt always work for them, and as someone mentioned, esthetics are in the eye of the beholder. most ppl dont even notice the little subtle things that we see. why? cause we are teeth ppl and thats what we do! but if their brothers uncles dad mentions something, well then they look and look until they find something wrong.
for this scenario, 50% charge would be my go to if you want to retain the client. why? they cemented crowns that they were happy with and came backk 3 months later and decided they didnt like them. AND, start from scratch. make some temps based on the model the patient approved. go sit down with them and work on what needs to be changed to make them happy.
all in all, the crowns look good man. maybe not Al good, but still they look good and prob 100x better than the mess the patient had to begin with. thats why we do the magic we do! stay strong brother. you know how to reach me if you need to chat! this too shall pass.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I think most of us have had a case giving us your exact reaction. Situations l like this suck but do you want to lose the client? If not, maybe do a cad on the case with new imp/model and mill in wAx. Get a different design.

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
Sorry friend! I think they look beautiful on the model. No use speculating with so little info. Could be something way off in left field!?!? Consider it paying your dues and a worthy challenge going forward, we've all been there! You've got this!

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Hi. All the info I have so far is a pink sticky note on doctors check that says, "(patient name) is unhappy with her 'fake looking' teeth. We'll need to redo them."
Really a crushing blow at the moment for me. Case done this May 2017. Brought up cell phone pic I took before shipping it. Looks pretty good to me. I don't love #6. They are 2 e.max monolithic bridges. Thinking i may need to say they should have another lab make it if mine aren't good enough. View attachment 27248

My intuition is translating "fake looking" into "too dark", don't be surprised if they ask for toilet bowel white. I wouldn't do that though, maybe a shade lighter hopefully. They look good to me, maybe a bit masculine on the centrals. That's why I like dentures, it's so much easier to change things at the try in stage.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
....Case done this May 2017....Thinking i may need to say they should have another lab make it if mine aren't good enough. View attachment 27248

Be very careful there. My experience is that you are possibly putting a nail in your own coffin with the account. Same with discounting it some way. My standard policy after a similar situation is that a case is deemed accepted upon seating. In writing on the back of my Rx I now state (in all caps) that I don't guaranty patient satisfaction.

Can't say much about it without the face!

And that, exactly, is where I got burned. Not enough information and my work didn't fit the face at all, even though the before and after close-up's are some of my best.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
I like them, they look good, the centrals being so flat on the insicals give an impression of gentle wear, the laterals have enough bilateral asymmetry to look real not mechanical, the cuspids are fine. This stuff would be easy if it weren't for Doctors and Patients.

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
All these comments and nobody is getting to the important stuff.
First of all the teeth look fine in a technical way on the model.
However is that not the issue.
The patient does not like them for some reason which after reading i still do not know either.
So the main problem is severe lack of communication in the holy trident of dentistry.
The doc needs to take inventory on the final outcome, patient needs to say what here outcome needs to be and the tech needs to verify all this. And if this outcome wants needs and expectations do not reach the others involved only dissapointment can prevail. There are plenty helps to realize this like photo’s telephone’s, note’s ,software and (virtual)mock upps (they all go by the term communication.)
See this as a way to improve your business instead of maybe feeling hurt about the teeth. This case is not about your technical skills and as far as i am concerned they look fine. But it is a wake up call to improve the skills needed to go to the next level.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
holy trident?
how about the holy hand grenade?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Sounds like Dr failed to adequately ferret out and communicate patient's desires.

So let's punch down and and blame the lab. Typical.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I bet it would have been just fine if it was made chair side in under 20 mins.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I just got two centrals back with a Drs note, 'The incisal edges were uneven, not sure what happened, even on the model..' so I put it on the model to see that the new assistant has completely hacked and f'd up the incisal edge.. like clueless.... along with another crown that needs a contact added but was ground to hell. Time to nip that in the bud.. this never happens with that office. Anyone else have expanded function assistants seating all of your crowns and hacking them up before the Dr sees them?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just got two centrals back with a Drs note, 'The incisal edges were uneven, not sure what happened, even on the model..' so I put it on the model to see that the new assistant has completely hacked and f'd up the incisal edge.. like clueless.... along with another crown that needs a contact added but was ground to hell. Time to nip that in the bud.. this never happens with that office. Anyone else have expanded function assistants seating all of your crowns and hacking them up before the Dr sees them?
Plenty of impression issues. Like "I'm gonna pour that pickup impression for the lab" and take out the RPD before pouring.BangheadBanghead

Top Bottom