Unhappy Patient

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hi. All the info I have so far is a pink sticky note on doctors check that says, "(patient name) is unhappy with her 'fake looking' teeth. We'll need to redo them."
Really a crushing blow at the moment for me. Case done this May 2017. Brought up cell phone pic I took before shipping it. Looks pretty good to me. I don't love #6. They are 2 e.max monolithic bridges. Thinking i may need to say they should have another lab make it if mine aren't good enough. Vicki Knowl Fake Lookers.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Well that sucks.
Did they try it in ?
Any specifics ?

May be the incisal edges or lack of them looking like individual teeth rather than one piece
IMG_8513.JPG

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Well that sucks.
Did they try it in ?
Any specifics ?

May be the incisal edges or lack of them looking like individual teeth rather than one piece
View attachment 27249
I think they were cemented back in May. Incisal edges, seperation...probably both I'm sure. I'll recommend they use you for the remake

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi. All the info I have so far is a pink sticky note on doctors check that says, "(patient name) is unhappy with her 'fake looking' teeth. We'll need to redo them."
Really a crushing blow at the moment for me. Case done this May 2017. Brought up cell phone pic I took before shipping it. Looks pretty good to me. I don't love #6. They are 2 e.max monolithic bridges. Thinking i may need to say they should have another lab make it if mine aren't good enough. View attachment 27248
I think they look good. You can't magically make them look like they want with no input.

Did they go from impression to seat, or was there a approval / DX waxup period?

Let me guess
No pre op photo
No guidance on form/shape
No guidance on shading other than tab imprint
No seated photo

That just stinks, you did good, but nobody can please everybody. The fact they were cemented 2-3 months before it was brought up is suspicious. New love interest didn't like them? Saw an old friend who noticed they were not what was there before? Something aside from initial impact of 6 crowns is driving this.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the patient approved diagnostic wax up/
Liked the dwax on the model but when temps in mouth teeth were leaning pt left. Doc made changes to her satisfaction and took impression Doc said make them like that but straighten midline. No stick bite.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Liked the dwax on the model but when temps in mouth teeth were leaning pt left. Doc made changes to her satisfaction and took impression Doc said make them like that but straighten midline. No stick bite.
that's what irks me.
you follow the protocol and only after the case is finished,do you hear any complaints.

hang in there , you'll become as snarky as kcdt and me in due time.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if it was retuend without feedback then ask for feedback.

you are not a mind reader.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
if it was retuend without feedback then ask for feedback.

you are not a mind reader.
...and you're not a spellchecker robot boy!

image.php

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
...and you're not a spellchecker robot boy!

image.php
That module was lost in the kerfuffle of decommissioning and recommissioning at the new install site. A new one is being coded.

H

Hal2a

Reaction score
Going forward with this account, you could recommend that he ask for layered e.max on his anterior work to get a truly individual appearance. In the end he got what he asked for and was approved by himself and the patient. It sucks, but if he is otherwise a consistent Dentist (in a positive way) then this may not be a battle worth fighting. Think long term. I feel for you dude, we have all been here.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Nice but patient is unhappy.. :( Very common occurrence in doing cases like this. Very simple solution !
1. On multi-unit cases it helps a lot to open up incisal embrasures so the crowns don't look so crown like. Really
can't over do it. Rounding mesial/distal edges makes a world of difference. Many times anteriors look square when viewing
with a critical eye.
2. To keep from making multi-unit crowns look like crown like/fake denture look, you need to break up the shade.
Make the laterals darker around the ging 1/3 than the centrals, and make the cuspids one shade darker than the centrals.
Very nice case but sometimes a little goes a long way in making critical patients happy.. :)

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
Let them at least make a pic in situ as feedback.
By the way did doc cement them definitive or a temp cement?
When def it should be legal to shoot him:)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
By the way Riley,

top cudos for you to have the guts to post this especially after getting the sticky note.

We all know that feeling you get when you open the lab box . I suppose misery enjoys company but I have to tell you that I really respect you for posting this with us.

:Congrats:

Top Bottom