Twin Blocks

• Thread starter RetainerDesigner
  • Start date
RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Here are some photos of the Twin Blocks I made yesterday. Man I'm rusty, it's been awhile, but at least it is functional! Well, at least I haven't gotten a call from the Orthodontist, no news is good news:p

Sorry for the outside link again, there are 50 photos. (25 of them being out of focus, sorry guys)
I believe the official name to be: "Mahoney Twinblock to Open" Mine is a variation of this.
Twin Blocks

Cade

Last edited:
L

labdude

Reaction score
Absolutely awesome job Cade. Great write up. Perfect instructions.
Far more detailed than mine of the Bionator. I'll try to do better.
If this isn't enough info to construct the appliance, then I must be "specially able". All though some people think that already.
Thanks so much for this excellent post!
Mike.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
Gives new meaning to "Specialty Appliance"

Glad you like the post...now I have to get the acrylic off my wife's camera before she sees it!

Cade

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Cade,
is this for expanding the teeth to be more in line with the arch of wilson and the overcrowding? Or is it for correcting the class 2, my money is on the latter.....

L

labdude

Reaction score
Who's Wilson?? It does expand to make room as well as class 2 correction.
The Bionator does this as well. These appliances can be set up to fiddle with a class 3 as well.
The point of a Herbst is the same. The Herbst is glued right in however, so johnny will wear his appliance. The twin blocks and bionator are removable.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
ahhh, thanks mike for the clarification. The herbst is glued in?, how is that? You sure it's not bonded in? As for the curve of wilson, and the curve of spee, the curve of wilson is the arch form if you were to hold a model and look at the curve of teeth from the occlusal view....kinda like an upside down U......as for the curve of spee, it's the curve if you were to hold both max. and mand. together and look at at the posterior region and see how the posteriors curve upwards toward the maxillary.....and i hope I explained that good enough for you to understand. If anyone else has any better way, please do share.

Top Bottom