Turn these into printable models

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'd like to turn these two .stl files into printable models. Could someone help me out with that or recommend a software?

Attachments

• Partial.png
    Partial.png
    737.7 KB · Views: 97
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I'd like to turn these two .stl files into printable models. Could someone help me out with that or recommend a software?
You need a model creator module and then mesh it in a 3D printer software.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I have exocad model creator but it puts a base on the partials. I don't want a base on them

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Can't you just import the stl into printer software without model creator. Have it sprue on the occlusion like a temporary crown.
Like this.

Attachments

• temp.JPG
    temp.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Yea I just realized that, thanks though!

H

HampeTC

Reaction score
Download meshmixer (its free) import the stl. files press analysis, inspect and then repare should do the trick.

AaronW12321

AaronW12321

Reaction score
wow thats a pretty clean looking print too

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Phrozen mini 4k
All hail the mini 4k. I’m currently at FDLA in Orlando. Can’t tell you how many faces I’ve seen turn when I tell the companies of $10,000+ printers that my $400 hobby printer can do dentures, temps, crowns, nightguards, models, custom trays and castables. You have to do the leg work to find resin companies that use and validate Sonic mini4k and the curebox that works with everyone. But when you find the sweet spot of company validation, resin settings and curebox validation your set.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
All hail the mini 4k. I’m currently at FDLA in Orlando. Can’t tell you how many faces I’ve seen turn when I tell the companies of $10,000+ printers that my $400 hobby printer can do dentures, temps, crowns, nightguards, models, custom trays and castables. You have to do the leg work to find resin companies that use and validate Sonic mini4k and the curebox that works with everyone. But when you find the sweet spot of company validation, resin settings and curebox validation your set.
We just set up our Mini 8k and absolutely love it! 22um and a bigger build plate than the 4k. We started with the 2018 shuffle, then mini's, mini 4k's, and a sonic. All for less than 1 "dental" printer. To each their own, but I freaking love our phrozen printers!

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
We started with the 2018 shuffle, then mini's, mini 4k's, and a sonic.
We’re right behind you. Looking at the Sonic 4K 2022 edition. Curious on your opinion of the Sonic 4K as it’s the first targeted printer from Phrozen for the dental market. The Sonic 4K mini and the Sonic 4K/ 4K XL seem to have the most validated resin for dental. So I’m trying to figure out what approach is better for expanding output. On one hand I can get a 1-2 more mini 4Ks or step up to the Sonic 4K 2022. Love to hear your input.

doug

doug

Reaction score
MightyMouse. I wish you had said you were going. I'm on the FDLA board, well not anymore as I didn't decide to do it again, we could have met-up and had a refreshing miniture cup of water. What did you think of our show?