Trouble with Ivoclar Acrylic

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
This was Ivobase High Impact today. Capsule popped. All directions followed to a T.

Denture was extremely light in color and had lots of porosity. Same happens with Hybrid.

We have had this system for about 2 months. Thinking of asking for a return on the acrylic and trying Ivocap...to see if it works.

Looking for any answers.
569a7ab4a6bd221bf94d98a3a78866d4.jpg
99c0af50b256df34b71264f9460dc8e0.jpg
7eee317dd58b12e5b10038a0963bb035.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
@Patrick Coon should be able to help.

katya

katya

Reaction score
What a bummer! I hope you have a different system in your lab. You mentioned Ivocap. And Im sure if you call Ivoclar they will tell you there is something wrong you've done )))) I still have the old HI and very happy with that. Im scared to start the new one I just ordered. Were you able to savage the teeth?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I used Ivocap in the past and my main issues at the time was acrylic oozing out the sides of the flasks (old flask issue, not product). This looks to me like either the acrylic has set up too much to inject (old acrylic) or possibly a spruing issue. Ivocap acrylic has always looked on the light side to me.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
This was all new acrylic. I'm heading that some people think it's a bad batch of acrylic. Is that possible? I'm 20 years of ceramics experience. Limited to no removable.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Hearing**

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Alistar
Looks like the flask was not assembled correctly. There should be a spacer between the cartridge and flask.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Wow, look what i found!? Thanks Jo Chen...leave it to an idiot ceramist to screw up a fool proof system.
107387cfd0d382cc1fd52138edb55e94.jpg

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
You got it. That piece needs to be placed before you put the two halves of the flask together.

Alan JDL

Alan JDL

Reaction score
Processed today right out of the flask. We have the “new” material, but have yet to have any issues with it. Fingers crossed

Attachments

• 34EE3E19-C787-4A47-BE32-DBB6D3C2EFBE.jpeg
    34EE3E19-C787-4A47-BE32-DBB6D3C2EFBE.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 47
Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Nice, is that the hybrid or high impact?

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Thank you Jo Chen for the assist!
You are welcome. I have a suggestion. The box with the preformed blue wax sprues that comes with the acrylic cartridges needs one more of the blue wax blocks that fit in to the front cut out. Currently there is only one on each sheet but the flasking process requires two.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
You are welcome. I have a suggestion. The box with the preformed blue wax sprues that comes with the acrylic cartridges needs one more of the blue wax blocks that fit in to the front cut out. Currently there is only one on each sheet but the flasking process requires two.

We only use one during flasking, in the lower half. The upper half does not get a blue block, allow it to fill with stone.

ivobase.jpg

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
What a bummer! I hope you have a different system in your lab. You mentioned Ivocap. And Im sure if you call Ivoclar they will tell you there is something wrong you've done )))) I still have the old HI and very happy with that. Im scared to start the new one I just ordered. Were you able to savage the teeth?
I'm sure he had his way with them...

N

noidea

Reaction score
did the acrylic bond to the white teflon? or was it easy to clean up?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
This is an old thread now but looking at the photos looks like the capsule is tilted, I would make sure there wasn't something blocking the acrylic flow (ie... stone blocking sprue hole and if using leftover acrylic that you maybe had in the fridge warm to room temp. Also check that your pressure is correct.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
This is an old thread now but looking at the photos looks like the capsule is tilted, I would make sure there wasn't something blocking the acrylic flow (ie... stone blocking sprue hole and if using leftover acrylic that you maybe had in the fridge warm to room temp. Also check that your pressure is correct.
He didn't use the centering aid.