Trios is going open .stl Q4

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Recently had a conversation with a Henry Schein rep that Trios is going open .stl for their chairside scanners (IOS) come Q4 (fourth quarter). Not sure what that means, I always thought it was a .stl, and not sure what they are really changing, maybe you don't have to 3Shape communicate to send the file...that statement confused me. You guys hear anything out there?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Recently had a conversation with a Henry Schein rep that Trios is going open .stl for their chairside scanners (IOS) come Q4 (fourth quarter). Not sure what that means, I always thought it was a .stl, and not sure what they are really changing, maybe you don't have to 3Shape communicate to send the file...that statement confused me. You guys hear anything out there?

This probably has to do with more chairside mills becoming available on the market (including ours). I know that our Programill ONE will be available at launch with a direct connection to the Trios.

A

Alex Sever

Reaction score
Maybe forget about the yearly contract ! [emoji16]

ASBogdan

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Facebook trios study group, get your I do way before schon and maybe even better support. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
It is for the chairside mills, to eliminate the .stl fee that they have to pay, and make it easier to plug data into the cone beam software.
One of my doctors who has a Cerec bought a Trios and let me know that the Dr's mills will allow import of .stl's soon.