Trimmed Solid Model in 3shape

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
is there a way to have trimmed solid model in 3shape. i cant seem to find any info on it unless you cant do it. Any help would be great :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you want to scan a model and work on it without scanning dies?

scan (or import) unsectioned model.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
is there a way to have trimmed solid model in 3shape. i cant seem to find any info on it unless you cant do it. Any help would be great :)

If you have ScanitOrtho you can do it. Just scan your model and its there as an stl to export. You can even put a nice base on it if you want and also sculpt.

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
you want to scan a model and work on it without scanning dies?

scan (or import) unsectioned model.

i wanted to see if an "ios" scan can be marked and then ditched with no removable dies so the ceramist can see where the margins are on the printed solid. if that make any sense lol

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you want a ditched margin on your solid model then? straightforward enough, few options. in your model builder you can choose to create a model with no dies, however to get the ditching, i am confident in saying you can either simply select unsectioned model in the order form, or manually sculpt around the margin with the Minus tool if you are also working not on crowns and copings but temps (for which 3shape will not demand a die cut out)

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
you want a ditched margin on your solid model then? straightforward enough, few options. in your model builder you can choose to create a model with no dies, however to get the ditching, i am confident in saying you can either simply select unsectioned model in the order form, or manually sculpt around the margin with the Minus tool if you are also working not on crowns and copings but temps (for which 3shape will not demand a die cut out)

ok. thanks for the info man much appreciated :)

Top Bottom