Triad Air Barrier Coating substitute?

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good replacement for the discontinued Triad ABC for light cured material? I've tried 99.7% glycerine, and clear Coe-Sep separator, and while they work somewhat, they don't cling to the baseplates like the old Triad ABC., leaving bare spots.
Thanks.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good replacement for the discontinued Triad ABC for light cured material? I've tried 99.7% glycerine, and clear Coe-Sep separator, and while they work somewhat, they don't cling to the baseplates like the old Triad ABC., leaving bare spots.
Thanks.
Vaseline.
it's all I use for a stone-stone separator and for stone-rpd separator for pouring and l/c air barrier. Go through about a pound a year.

Last edited:
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Thanks.
I used to dip them in tin foil substitute but no more since I can not find triad material no more thanks to stupid Dentsply.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Dentsply really screwed us over as well. Had to find an alternative for the eclipse nightguard material. Still cant understand why not sell the patent to a material that works and is in demand. Anyways I currently use the eclispe air barrier coating and it works great. Only problem is, as stated earlier, they discontinued their analog division besides teeth and lucitone. Maybe your supply house has some in inventory but just like you I will need a permanent replacement soon.

N

nickate

Reaction score
Triad sucks and has always sucked. Megatray is awesome. Comes in 1.4 and 2mm thicknesses and in blue and pink. You can even ADD to it! I paint model w/ tin foil sep, let dry a bit, form my plate, cure 3 mins, remove plate and toss it in isopropol rubbing alcohol for 3-4 mins. Scrub w/ soap and run with it.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
use ky gel its got sooooo many uses and its a good isolation gel also we use it a lot in the triad .you guys can take that anyway you like.

i have ky gel

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
Yes, for those of us that still use analog products, Dentsply sucks. In addition to still using my Triad and Eclipse machines, I use the Success acrylic injection system daily -also now discontinued.
Thanks for the suggestions! I may have some KY in a drawer somewhere...

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks.
You got me thinking. This should work perfectly, haven't tried but price is great! Screenshot_20210722-093215.png

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Triad sucks and has always sucked. Megatray is awesome. Comes in 1.4 and 2mm thicknesses and in blue and pink. You can even ADD to it! I paint model w/ tin foil sep, let dry a bit, form my plate, cure 3 mins, remove plate and toss it in isopropol rubbing alcohol for 3-4 mins. Scrub w/ soap and run with it.
I tried to to repair it, did not work. Tried to pumice it did not work, tried to reline it, did not work. You have to seal the surface because it is glass filled and not an acrylic base. If you have some tips please share.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
air barrier = dawn dishwashing liquid

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I have a glass vessel filled with glycerin.
generally the air barrier is glycerin and silicic acid. the acid acts as a thickener so that the glycerin does not run off.
I recommend testing pure glycerin or glycerol.

Top Bottom