Transfer Primescan files into exocad using Dropbox

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice/guidance. I currently work with several dentists who use a Primescan scanner but don't send files to me. A new dentist has expressed interest in sending scans to me. I was able to resurrect my old Cerec inLab username and password to log into Connect Case Center. However, I would like to set up file transfers using Dropbox, instead of getting the license key from the dentist (don't know if it is available or if she has already used it to set up another lab) and purchasing the dongle (and how much does this cost) from a dealer to set up the Connect Center Inbox. This new dentist tried to find me in the Connect Case Center, but my lab doesn't show up. I don't know how she would send her scan to me using the link to my Dropbox that I sent her. I want this process to be easy for her.

Is there anyone in this community who can explain to me how this transfer works for Cerec so that I can guide her and her staff in setting up her machine to send the scans to me? My exocad tech support guy doesn't know how to do it, but sent me a link for setting up the Inbox path.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share with me.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
Just set up a shared drop box folder on the primescan. Then after the doctor scans it and moves on from the scanning stage they can go to the drop down menu and export. Save to the shared folder. They musy have a primescan that is "open" to do this. If they do not have an "open version" they can only send through connect.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
If you get enough cases from primescan docs you should sign up for Sirona connect case center Inbox. Its worth it. I can import them directly into exocad. I have the sirona software as well so I don't know how much the case center inbox costs by itself.

J

jVerroche

Reaction score
Each primescan purchase comes with a free connect case center license for the doc to share with his/her partner lab.

Worth an ask to the doc, if they are motivated to work with you then they should also be motivated to share that free license with you