Tough Shade. Ideas?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive got a tough one. 8&9, I can make them out of what ever I want. Pics are ok, but don't really show the depth of the teeth. They look almost purple. Shes from a rural area known for its mineral rich water supply discoloring teeth. Theyre not a dark tetracycline look, but a translucent lavender. Im lost.

LiSi HT enamel? e.Max opal? Thoughts please. I think Ill spend the weekend doing at least two sets.

2017-10-10 21.00.52.jpg 2017-10-10 21.01.07.jpg

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
E.max opal could work. The white you will add is going to dominate the shade.

Edit: What do you have as 'stumpf' color?

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
wow. I assume 8 and 9 in the picture are temps and you're trying to match the centrals to the surrounding dentition? I might go with Imagine (or whatever anterior zirc you use) with some purple modifier painted on then dipped in C1? Depending on your shading liquids. Have fun!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I would try to press them in MT B1 ( Emax) and layer with LISI Initial BLD-2 bleach Dentin on cervical 1/3 and middle 2/3 ( to mimic natural teeth whitesh saturation ) and BL- E ( Bleached Enamel).

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I like how the tabs are marked just below the necks, in case the photos don't show the stamped shade.
It's to bad they didn't include a next step lighter bleach shade for reference.

A

adl

Reaction score
Ive got a tough one. 8&9, I can make them out of what ever I want. Pics are ok, but don't really show the depth of the teeth. They look almost purple. Shes from a rural area known for its mineral rich water supply discoloring teeth. Theyre not a dark tetracycline look, but a translucent lavender. Im lost.

LiSi HT enamel? e.Max opal? Thoughts please. I think Ill spend the weekend doing at least two sets.

View attachment 28116 View attachment 28118
I would go D2 and layer. Mix a bit of violet in your dentin and incisals. , segment the incisals. . Overlay with silk if you have the ceram selection.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
may i recommend wite out ?

user name

user name

Reaction score
E.max opal could work. The white you will add is going to dominate the shade.
I think I might try an opal and layer as one of the attempts.

Edit: What do you have as 'stumpf' color?

Preps are pretty much like the teeth. Slightly lower in value.

wow. I assume 8 and 9 in the picture are temps and you're trying to match the centrals to the surrounding dentition? I might go with Imagine (or whatever anterior zirc you use) with some purple modifier painted on then dipped in C1? Depending on your shading liquids. Have fun!
I hadn't even thought of Imagine. I haven't used it in a long time, but I can mill out a few sets, hit em with some colors and see how they look. Good idea.

I like how the tabs are marked just below the necks, in case the photos don't show the stamped shade.
That was my idea.;) Helps with any confusion If I have a 'cluster' of a day.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
68BBF90E-B214-4C69-81F3-426B854C0733.jpeg

Attachments

• FA4E02AB-C05B-4CBA-AE20-476813279F34.jpeg
    FA4E02AB-C05B-4CBA-AE20-476813279F34.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 11
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
How I'd tackle this..get the Doc a bleaching shade guide. You obviously have a base shade (I'd press out of LiSi E59) and a layering bleaching shade (BL1). If the stump is not an issue, i'd press a LiSi ingot and layer the labial using the BL1. Now if you are doing a zironcia, I'd probably use a B1 and dip/color in the incisal, then I would layer the entire labial surface to match the photo. Lastly, I'd send a little Memo along with the case stating something like this..."Hey Doc, please think of this one as a try-in due to the shade difficulties. If it doesn't match, please take a photo with the new crown in place. We may have to do this a couple times to nail it down perfect." Hope that helps.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I would use uncolored zirconia and find 3d bleached shade tabs/Bleachedguide 3D Master if you could see the patient again.
Probably use GC Lustre stains as your wash coat then layer glass.
Fun case to lose $$$ on. lol
Good luck Bob

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I’d go Lisi enamel 58 add a bit of violet and white modifiers my favourites the essence white from emax. The colour will probably be close and it can be slightly off being matching centrals but the characterization will make or break this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

user name

user name

Reaction score
I did press in HT-58. I think Ill get them pretty close.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Send it to Al. Charge the mark up. Don't make any money on it and enjoy your weekend.
dump this problem on poor Al ? like he doesnt have enough headaches ?

Top Bottom