Top 10 printers from LMT Chicago 2019?

R

rookiee

Reaction score
There are soooooooo many things considering accurate 3D print for dental that I would skip anything bellow 5k. I was lucky enough to have had an education regarding 3D printing in depth a bit. And at the moment, my recommendation would be to go with Asiga or Rapidshape but you get more from Asiga for less money. But even with these two printers you will get fails here and there, mostly because user error. For some things to get printed you just need to understand how to print it and with which resin and which resin is best for your application. Don't go with closed system even sometimes are better to be honest. If something is not printed there is high chance that user did something wrong, maybe just placement angle or lack of support etc, if you wanted to have 100% sucess there should be a 3D printing guru sitting with you behind a computer and instantly correct your mistakes with nesting maybe....so it's much much more than geting a printer and pressing PRINT button and save your self energy and forget about cheap like Anycubic etc printers, waste of effort....

A

Anton Trofimenko

Reaction score
What you are looking for top 10?
Quality?
Precision?
Speed?
Productivity?
Easy maintenance?
Cost?

Cause for an example we are evaluating 37 brand of 3D printer at the moment here in the office and I can tell you that we will not get the same result depending of what you want to do. ;)
(not sure if I will be able to share the details with you guys, honestly it cost us a lots of time and money for this "study", but i can probably share some hints)
We are looking for a 3D printer that will be able to print models as well as RPDs for casting. With that being said, I think precision, quality, speed, and easy maintenance would be the top priority. I have been looking at the Asiga but am trying to see if anyone has any experience with other printers that are able to accept .STL files and be able to print in multiple materials. Any and all advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

R

rookiee

Reaction score
We are looking for a 3D printer that will be able to print models as well as RPDs for casting. With that being said, I think precision, quality, speed, and easy maintenance would be the top priority. I have been looking at the Asiga but am trying to see if anyone has any experience with other printers that are able to accept .STL files and be able to print in multiple materials. Any and all advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Every printer shoudl accept STL files...right now, I think more or less Asiga/Rapidshape (Straumann) are decent if you cross more expensive out of the picture. Rapidshape is more expensive and it will charge you yearly fee for support. Asiga I think is more or less best price/performance option right now. One of downsides is relatively small build platform so I would recommend to wait for 4K model if you print a lot of models.

Top Bottom