Tooth stock logistics

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Just wondering how different folks are doing it. Keeping a large tooth stock? Ordering when needed? Returning broken sets?

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Inna-Hurry. I believe you’ve spoken on this before?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I keep about a months worth in stock. Then about every two weeks my front office lady will go through and order all the cards I've used, return broken sets...that way I have pretty much every mould/shade on hand at all times. Took me a bit to build up a months worth of tooth stock with the cabinets but seems to be working last few years.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
We have a great partnership with Zahn. Due to that 25 plus year relationship we were given a great (shh don’t tell anyone) $1.99 next day shipping cost. So we primarily do daily orders and occasionally (once every two months) do a big restock. Broken sets do take time but nothing longer than usual.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a great partnership with Zahn. Due to that 25 plus year relationship we were given a great (shh don’t tell anyone) $1.99 next day shipping cost. So we primarily do daily orders and occasionally (once every two months) do a big restock. Broken sets do take time but nothing longer than usual.
Ivoclar has free next day air. We keep a stock and send broken sets back about one a month.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Has anyone scanned their favourite molds?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Ivoclar has free next day air. We keep a stock and send broken sets back about one a month.
Curious is that across the board for customers or a special relationship deal. When we order (not that much from Ivoclar) we get charged $15 for shipping.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Curious is that across the board for customers or a special relationship deal. When we order (not that much from Ivoclar) we get charged $15 for shipping.
I believe it's across the board. It used to be that you had to buy $250 worth of teeth, but the last couple of years it's been free shipping for any amount.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Ages ago, when I was involved making removables on a daily basis, had pretty much every shade and mold in a big tooth cabinet. The rep would come every two weeks or so, taking the used cards and restock new, never had to worry about the inventory. Nowadays, being digital, we just keep a healthy stock of PMMA disks, then mill whatever is necessary... an arch is broken up into four - 4 to 5 unit pieces to improve nesting.

Has anyone scanned their favourite molds?
Yeah, did that, way way back when I bought my very first scanner ( a D700, << shudder Dontknow >> ) ... wasted lots of time making custom libs, even cracked the license and hacked the viewer to be able to convert between DCM's and STL's ...lol

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Ages ago, when I was involved making removables on a daily basis, had pretty much every shade and mold in a big tooth cabinet. The rep would come every two weeks or so, taking the used cards and restock new, never had to worry about the inventory. Nowadays, being digital, we just keep a healthy stock of PMMA disks, then mill whatever is necessary... an arch is broken up into four - 4 to 5 unit pieces to improve nesting.

Yeah, did that, way way back when I bought my very first scanner ( a D700, << shudder Dontknow >> ) ... wasted lots of time making custom libs, even cracked the license and hacked the viewer to be able to convert between DCM's and STL's ...lol
So. You mill a single tooth for a repair?