To debond an implant crown

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
400c is about the average for debonding, it makes cement goopy/soft/whatever you want to call it without impregnating the glaze, also I am not sure at what temp the Ti abutment begins to get funky.
Ti doesn't change phase until 883°C, we take our de-bonds up slowly ~25°/min. to 400°C and a 4 min hold. Cement is reduced to ash basically in this cycle. This especially true with emax which has much less tensile force strength than Zir so Slow heat rise. The cement is doing its thing burning out, thermal expansions of different materials, what could go wrong 🙂

A

AKDental

Reaction score
if you take the temp very high then the titanium shape will be altered and it will not fit into the analog/implant the same anymore.
using a tibase i brought temp to around 1600Fahrenheit and the tibase was very discolored like a greenish tint and it would
no longer fit in the analog easily. (it required a little bit of force and wiggling to make it go in and it was a tight fit.) that might have been why it was hard to
remove from the crown as well.....

Oh and according to manufacturers(some of them),it is not okay to heat up in oven at all as it will alter the properties of titanium. I was told that that is "safe" and there hasn't been testing done on this by them.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we used to layer titanium... and why would you fire a tibase?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
if you take the temp very high then the titanium shape will be altered and it will not fit into the analog/implant the same anymore.
using a tibase i brought temp to around 1600Fahrenheit and the tibase was very discolored like a greenish tint and it would
no longer fit in the analog easily. (it required a little bit of force and wiggling to make it go in and it was a tight fit.) that might have been why it was hard to
remove from the crown as well.....

Oh and according to manufacturers(some of them),it is not okay to heat up in oven at all as it will alter the properties of titanium. I was told that that is "safe" and there hasn't been testing done on this by them.
You're just wanting to destabilize, reduce to ashes the cement, period. You don't need to get anywhere close to harming the Ti abutment in any way. Stay at max temp of 400°C and you will have Zero problems. You're close to the melting point of silver, 1761°F This is a gentle,slow process and very sound and repeatable. Low temp!

Top Bottom