Titan Implant. Morris taper?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I received a case for a single crown, Titan Implant, morris taper design.
Does anyone do these? How is the Dr supposed to properly orient the abutment before tapping it into place?
Seems like a bad joke to me.

Ill add...I asked the Dr about this. He was offended and said bring all his cases back. Theres another bridge burned I guess.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Does anyone do these? How is the Dr supposed to properly orient the abutment before tapping it into place?

Ill add...I asked the Dr about this. He was offended and said bring all his cases back. Theres another bridge burned I guess.
We do quite a few, is not as bad as it seems...no failures so far (knocks on wood). The interprox walls guide the abutment/crown into its place, hammer is only used to lock the morse taper together. I think there's some sort of cold-weld happening b/c it's a b1tch to separate later...

Should've ask here before losing another account...:banghead:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
sometimes you get the call and don't have time to " get back to them".

user name

user name

Reaction score
We do quite a few, is not as bad as it seems...no failures so far (knocks on wood). The interprox walls guide the abutment/crown into its place, hammer is only used to lock the morse taper together. I think there's some sort of cold-weld happening b/c it's a b1tch to separate later...

Should've ask here before losing another account...:banghead:
So how does the Dr seat the abutment when its non-engaging (?) no anti-rotational guides?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So how does the Dr seat the abutment when its non-engaging (?) no anti-rotational guides?
Either an orientation jig, or you cement the crown to the abutment (that's what we do)...so the doc doesn't have to

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Either an orientation jig, or you cement the crown to the abutment (that's what we do)...so the doc doesn't have to
How often do you have problems with the path of insertion of the abutment connection and the adjacent teeth?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
How often do you have problems with the path of insertion of the abutment connection and the adjacent teeth?
Very seldom, this particular dentist always uses guided to place the implants

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

Ugh. There's so many reasonable choices out there. Gravitating to outliers doesn't make you special it makes you an ass. There's a reason no one likes these.

He's offended because he's realizing he's one of those.

PS I loath people like this. They walk away because they cannot educate their team members on their choices and how to facilitate them.

doug

doug

Reaction score
So I guess I need to updtae my mantra. "Every implant deserves a guide, and every implant abutment should be effectively retained in place properly." 25 plus years ago Corevent/Zimmer had a Morse taper and a screw to hold it in place, and the implant head still mushroomed. I don't think a morse taper and flat broad contacs are effective ways to retain an abutment.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
So I guess I need to updtae my mantra. "Every implant deserves a guide, and every implant abutment should be effectively retained in place properly." 25 plus years ago Corevent/Zimmer had a Morse taper and a screw to hold it in place, and the implant head still mushroomed. I don't think a morse taper and flat broad contacs are effective ways to retain an abutment.
I remember taking a course at Bayview back in the nineties. Long chat with Rick. They were **** then and they're **** now. The market ruled these out years ago, but you still find poor decision makers....
I understand dealing with legacy Crap that walks in the door, but Mr take his toys home doesn't sound smart enough for that.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Bicon has a tapped in abutment system that works well if the abutment is vertically loaded everytime you bite down.
Ankylos as well, but both systems now offer a screw-retained option and have for a while.
FWIW.
KCN

user name

user name

Reaction score
geeze , you're on a roll.
I just had a sit down with the Dr.
He was complimentary about my work and said hed like to start sending to me again.
I think he was a bit surprised I didnt reach out after he said to bring all his cases back; I just let it go.
He said, 'we're a lot alike'. We're demanding and dont take crap. Now lets start doing great work together again.

Lets roll!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I just had a sit down with the Dr.
He was complimentary about my work and said hed like to start sending to me again.
I think he was a bit surprised I didnt reach out after he said to bring all his cases back; I just let it go.
He said, 'we're a lot alike'. We're demanding and dont take crap. Now lets start doing great work together again.

Lets roll!
Sometimes it's like a poker game. Not doing the expected yields the unexpected in many different aspects. Unless of course you are profit driven and need to float a huge lab and overhead.