Tips and Tricks for your lab

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
At tye temps our funaces operate they've gone from doing just chemistry to chemistry and physics. You are changing the metal and it is releasing elements (periodic table of elements not the heater elements) the furnace won't like much.

Basically you are degassing/oxidizing that whole himk of metal every time you heat it.

I thought I solved a problem , looks like I making one 😖

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I know I'm the only one who hates working with veneers but I came up with this a few years ago to help with one step. I use a glue stick first on the die to help stick veneers to them then make a putty holder-in-placer thing. It is awesome for checking excursions and occlusion. Can also smooth down remaining sprue on the incisal.
View attachment 19869 View attachment 19870
I actually bond veneers in place with soft tissue silicone, not for shading but to securely affix them for contour and adjustments. Evenly distributes forces when doing so. Tame the beast!

VinnieCDT

VinnieCDT

Reaction score
Hey guys, after posting a picture of my grinding box in another thread, I thought I would like to share a few other things that I have picked up that might come in handy to make life easier and save a bit of money too. I'd like to hear what you guys have come up with too.

My grinding box. It's a suggestion/ballot box I picked up from eBay. I just cut a hole in the front for the suction and holes rectangular holes in the sides for my arms.
View attachment 10948

Detol: I use this as a separating agent from my die stone to my base stone. Works really well and it's pretty cheap.
View attachment 10949

I love this little gadget! Just run your investment packet through it and it cuts like butter. No need for scissors or running a scalpel blade along your work bench.
View attachment 10950

I cut slits in the carpet to run my cords. I hate cords everywhere it just looks messy and can get in the way and the pedals pretty much stay put. You can always put some velcro on the pedals so it will stick to the carpet.
View attachment 10951
View attachment 10948 View attachment 10949 View attachment 10950 View attachment 10951
This is great , love the added tips !
Vince

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The lab never really smells nice. Until now.

I grabbed one of those car air fresheners you put on the air vent.

And put it on the monomer extractor.

muhahahahhahaahahaaa

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
The amount of slices you eat is only dependent on how you slice it. Make no cuts, then the entire thing just counts as one piece of pizza, easy.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The amount of slices you eat is only dependent on how you slice it. Make no cuts, then the entire thing just counts as one piece of pizza, easy.
I have a picture somewhere from a buddy's lab where a tech had drawn a pizza on one of the goof oof whiteboards and wrote

All pizzas are personal size if you believe in yourself.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Has anyone tried cooking in a burnout oven? Mini pizza? Cookies?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

There's a pizza question in this for you :)