Tips and Tricks for your lab

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
It's funny for about 5 minutes, then it's more like a beep you just can't find.

annoyatron anyone?
Just went through this in our parking lot. Went out to have coffee on the deck a few weeks ago, weird beeping noise every 30 secs or so. Thought it was in compressor/air dryer shed. Couldn't find it. Drove me nuts. Eventually figured out my coworker's husband had installed some contraption in her cap that beeps every so often to stop rodents from nesting in it. The frequency was so high pitched most of my coworkers couldn't hear it and thought I was insane. I'm guessing the longer you work with the high speed handpiece the more damage you do and then you can't hear the super high notes (this explains some music preferences too I suspect).

doug

doug

Reaction score
We have 2 air cleaning unit in the lab. They are named: Statler and Waldorf. All they do is bitch about how the air is so damn dirty in here.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Just went through this in our parking lot. Went out to have coffee on the deck a few weeks ago, weird beeping noise every 30 secs or so. Thought it was in compressor/air dryer shed. Couldn't find it. Drove me nuts. Eventually figured out my coworker's husband had installed some contraption in her cap that beeps every so often to stop rodents from nesting in it. The frequency was so high pitched most of my coworkers couldn't hear it and thought I was insane. I'm guessing the longer you work with the high speed handpiece the more damage you do and then you can't hear the super high notes (this explains some music preferences too I suspect).
Her husband is worried about rodents in her cap?!?!? Doesn't she wash her hair, or did you mean her car? Rofl

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You will loose higher pitch hearing as you age. Then it comes back with

Tinnitus​

doug

doug

Reaction score
You will loose higher pitch hearing as you age. Then it comes back with

Tinnitus​

My wife is an Audiologist. The struggle is real. I need hearing aids, just can't get in to get tested.