Tight Fit Problem

O

omsk

Reaction score
how did the first crowns fit on the second model? and the second crowns on the first and third model?

First crowns do not fit the second model, they go in about 2/3rd's if I remember correctly, they seem to fit just like the doctor say fit the mouth. Second crowns have a very ill fit on the first model. I haven't made a 3rd model and most likely wont. Even though the crowns were tight, doctor says he was able to deliver them after adjustments. Case will be returning to me today to remake a crown that developed one crown during seating.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
First crowns do not fit the second model, they go in about 2/3rd's if I remember correctly. Second crowns have a very ill fit on the first model. I haven't made a 3rd model and most likely wont. Even though the crowns were tight, doctor says he was able to deliver them after adjustments. Case will be returning to me today to remake a crown that developed one crown during seating.
sheesh man, youve a fun one to fix! good luck.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
had this happen. no joke. except i helped the Dr fix an ongoing prob he had for 6 years and couldnt figure out. took us a few months but we finally got it straight....then guess what? 9mo into the relationship, his remakes were way down, his crowns were fitting properly, his impressioning technique was improved....and the local china lab came through with a cheap ass crown. hes gone, not even a hesitation. he left for a $60 crown and i helped him resolve all the issues he had been having since he graduated dental school.

"I feel you my brother!"
bb10be2573811e2411a115c482c82ef29731af04de23f9faa007584344ea4c60.jpg

O

omsk

Reaction score
Well after talking to the doctor he says he took an impression with putty and removed it from the mouth while it was still setting/not fully set. Then he removed and placed light body and reinserted in the mouth, putty was not fully set when reinserted with the light body.

So it technically sounds like a two step impression although he mentions the putty would set with the light body. Would this still cause this problem?

Here's a picture of the impression. I can separate both materials in some parts and some parts seem to be stuck together a bit more

ODHvbyB.jpg

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Whoever invented that technique should be shot. I haven't seen one of those impressions in years. It's caused our whole industry a massive headache. Hahahaha!

That's too humane...maybe let him remake all the crowns that didn't fit while we watch.
Well after talking to the doctor he says he took an impression with putty and removed it from the mouth while it was still setting/not fully set. Then he removed and placed light body and reinserted in the mouth, putty was not fully set when reinserted with the light body.

So it technically sounds like a two step impression although he mentions the putty would set with the light body. Would this still cause this problem?

Here's a picture of the impression. I can separate both materials in some parts and some parts seem to be stuck together a bit more

ODHvbyB.jpg

The issue isn't whether one material is bonding to the other, it's being compressed. If doc insists on using this impression material, then he needs to provide some space for the wash. Maybe take the putty impression before he preps or cut out some of the putty to avoid compressing or both. Make sure the putty is set up before doing the wash. See GC instructions below...does he want me to come take the impression for him?

DIRECTIONS FOR USE

1. Take equal volumes of Base and Catalyst. Knead quickly within 30 seconds with the fingertips until a uniform color is obtained.

2. Load the kneaded EXAFLEX PUTTY into a tray and insert into mouth. When a wax spacer is not used, cover the surface of the EXAFLEX PUTTY with a

polyethylene sheet.

Once the tray is seated, rock the tray back and forth to make space for the wash material.

3. Allow material to set and remove from the mouth.

4. Remove any areas of the impression that might interfere with reseating.

5. Rinse and dry the impression. Make sure the impression is clean and dry prior to taking final impression.

6. Take detail impression.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score

So it technically sounds like a two step impression although he mentions the putty would set with the light body.

"Oh Dear Lord !"
set.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
upload_2017-6-28_16-50-49.png

Model was from the first impression and the putty was taken from the 2nd. Dr expected a free remake.
She did her thesis on the inaccuracies of digital impressions.She is a prosthodontist.

O

omsk

Reaction score
Well thanks everyone for your help.

I just talked to the doctor after sending him this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3169190/

He took it surprisingly well although he was a bit surprised as this is the technique they learn in school to take accurate impressions. He had used saran wrap to make some space. Told him I'd be sending him a sample of a good impression material (thanks username) so we can move forward.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
View attachment 26740

Model was from the first impression and the putty was taken from the 2nd. Dr expected a free remake.
She did her thesis on the inaccuracies of digital impressions.She is a prosthodontist.

I wish there was a Sad :( option for our Winner, Likes etc options. That is quite the difference between the 2.
Nice visual aide with the putty, to be able to show her the difference.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I wish there was a Sad :( option for our Winner, Likes etc options. That is quite the difference between the 2.
Nice visual aide with the putty, to be able to show her the difference.
She didn't give a rats patoot and went elsewhere. Once she knew she had to pony up for her mistakes,she was outta there.Vroam

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
She didn't give a rats patoot and went elsewhere. Once she knew she had to pony up for her mistakes,she was outta there.Vroam

So she really doesn't want to deal with here issues, but go elsewhere instead. :( At least it sounds like omsk's account is willing to listen and try
to get better results. But I suppose it's harder for a prosthodontist to want to acknowledge the problem...pride?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

ODHvbyB.jpg
COMPRESSION! thats a horrible technique and i dont believe those are the actual materials that should be used for that technique.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well thanks everyone for your help.

I just talked to the doctor after sending him this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3169190/

He took it surprisingly well although he was a bit surprised as this is the technique they learn in school to take accurate impressions. He had used saran wrap to make some space. Told him I'd be sending him a sample of a good impression material (thanks username) so we can move forward.
THIS is what they teach in school?
what effing school? find out. i need to vent some frustration and i will happily, ecstatically, joyfully vent on the dean of dentistry there. what the royal eff

user name

user name

Reaction score
THIS is what they teach in school?
what effing school? find out. i need to vent some frustration and i will happily, ecstatically, joyfully vent on the dean of dentistry there. what the royal eff
Please record the call. Id pay to listen.Motz