Ti Abutment blank files for hyperdent

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im milling some dess Ti blanks but my hyperdent blank files dont have the implant geometry on them, only a cylinder with a screw channel but nowhere to line the hex up. Im not sure where to even get an stl of the Dess blank but I milled one and it was off so now I have to eyeball it. Any help would be great.

blank.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone milling abutments out there?? cricketcricket

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
The 3shape dess blanks are also just cylinders.

I could hack one. But i could not make it exo suitable.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
is that normal to not be able to line the interface up? i just got a biohorizons abutment sent to me that was oriented the wrong way in relation to the hex.. What manufacturers have a library for their Ti preforms?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is that normal to not be able to line the interface up? i just got a biohorizons abutment sent to me that was oriented the wrong way in relation to the hex.. What manufacturers have a library for their Ti preforms?
There are many manufacturers with preforms, but by nature most of them just don't line up together. With a bit of trickery though, it is posible to line them up and get the right rotation and match them to other manufacturers. This helps if you don't want to buy a whole new kit of scan bodies.

For 3shape libraries i can help with that. Merging libraries is fairly straightforward when you get the hang of it.

Even locked libraries are a snap. Want to make nobel stuff? Proprietry straumann bar? I can do that. Mill your own mua? Cinch.

I charge for this though.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im not even looking to match anything to a proprietary abutment, I just want to match a dess abutment to a dess blank. I tried the chat on the website but it was automated and not much help..

J

jeanfrancoisbarret

Reaction score
There are many manufacturers with preforms, but by nature most of them just don't line up together. With a bit of trickery though, it is posible to line them up and get the right rotation and match them to other manufacturers. This helps if you don't want to buy a whole new kit of scan bodies.

For 3shape libraries i can help with that. Merging libraries is fairly straightforward when you get the hang of it.

Even locked libraries are a snap. Want to make nobel stuff? Proprietry straumann bar? I can do that. Mill your own mua? Cinch.

I charge for this though.
HELLO I'M LOOKING FOR A LIBRARY IN ORDER TO MAKE TITANIUM BARS ON PILLAR SRA STRAUMANN
THANK YOU SO MUCH

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You can get such a library from strumann.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So Im still striking out on trying to find Dess files for hyperdent.

Talked to someone from Dess that said they are in the downloadable files, but was reading from a script and Im pretty sure didnt understand what I was asking. The document on the Dess site says that hyperdent comes with these preloaded, well mine does not.

This seems like it should be very very simple, I dont get why nobody has these files.. Really nobody mills ti blanks? How does anyone align them? it shouldnt be this hard.. waiting for a call back from hyperdent. @greeny .. anyone?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Hi Doctor:
I run DESS USA. Did you call our 800# which is 855 337 7872 or email us at [email protected]. All the library files that HyperDent and WorkNC and other CAM's that support DESS are provided from the CAM software vendor and not from DESS. I posted in December 14, 2019 to contact us. Let me know how I can help you. You should contact your Hyperdent support person since they have those files.

Regards,
Keith

S

SleepyFoX

Reaction score
Hello,
Have you solved the issue ?
I'm also facing the same alignement issue with dentium premilled blanks

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No,unfortunately there are no preform library files for the sharp for dess. Im not sure about dentium. You need to talk to hyperdent.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Wait...don't you select the abutment type while designing, then load the designed file into your hyperdent nesting and it automatically does it? Are you running old software? I use dess and hyperdent and I just load the blank and then the designed part and that's it .
When I load the dess blank into the software they all have the interface unlike your screen shot. So seems like hyper dent needs to fix that for you

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yes youre right, thats how it should work. IF you use the dess holder AND hyperdent supports your mill. My situation is a bit different but I dont feel like getting into that.....

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
No,unfortunately there are no preform library files for the sharp for dess. Im not sure about dentium. You need to talk to hyperdent.
Are you using the DESS premill or someone else's? Did you contact DESS USA at [email protected] since we can help you.
Regards.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Been there done that, thanks. Ive traveled all the channels as far as they go. Dess, DOF, Follow-me. Now im going another route.

Top Bottom