Throw Back Thursday!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
milmanual-tm-21-210-improvised-munitions-handbook-1969-department-of-t.jpg
Somehow us reprobates got a hold of one of these.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Wood shop? By 6th grade we all had firearms......

Saved up and bought my first Cooey 22 at age 12...hanged it on my shoulder, hopped on a bus to go home, no one cared...these days the cops would be all over me in no time...:eek:

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Estes and Centuri rockets. Foosball was big during the teen years.

estes-rockets1jpg_zps97uxxfn8.jpg

Love those! I built and destroyed several of them. Estes is based in Penrose Colorado. Just a wide spot in the road with a tiny lobby and several fortified structures on the property to make the engines (think fireworks manufacturing facility). No actual rocket kit production that I saw on site. That is all done overseas. You can use Google Maps to see the facility: 1295 H St, Penrose, CO 81240 warning, the rockets are much more interesting than the company HQ. :)

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
When I was going in the 70's we played with all kind of dangerous stuff which again would never fly today.

Hell in six grade we were welding oxy/accet in metal shop and using a table saw in wood shop. Boy the ****ification of our youth in this damn litigious society is really frustrating when we reminisce.
In 6th grade we were making tennis ball cannons. They showed how to do it on a locally produced "science" show that aired in our classroom:

Take 3 steel soda cans (can't get those anymore),use a can opener to remove the top from all of them, remove the bottom from two and leave the bottom on one. Stack and tape them together. Punch a hole in the side of the bottom can about 1/4" above the base. Pour lighter fluid into the can (of course a 12 year old was allowed to buy it a Thrifty's, why not?). Put the tennis ball in the top. Put a match to the hole and POOF the ball shot out.

After a few days of that one kid decided to try it with gasoline. The explosion was deafening but the steel cans held together and all survived.

Again, this was shown to us on a locally produced "science" TV show aired in our classroom. "Hey kids here's a fun project to try at home..." Crazy.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Rode my "Mongoose" all over the place, all day, all summer. As I earned money from my paper route I would buy new, lighter parts. This picture is not mine but it was similar.
002.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Where else would you ride it ?
Irony, she thought I would ride that on the street, but let me have a dirt bike thinking I wouldn't ride that on the street.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Irony, she thought I would ride that on the street, but let me have a dirt bike thinking I wouldn't ride that on the street.
Used to ride without a helmet and that was ok back then...had a red Honda xl 100, like the one on the pic...w/ regular tires only, couldn't afford off-road tires for the longest time...lol

hondaxl100.jpg