thoughts on stabilizing full arch temporaries

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I am using a diagnostic waxup I design to create a full arch shell temporary to be placed at the time of prepping. I haven't done many of these and was trying to come up with a way to ensure that it is stable and in the correct position as designed when it goes into the patients mouth to be adapted to the preps.

I was going to use the tissue model to create a palatal support for the bridge that could be removed after it's adapted but 3shape doesn't seem to like using gingiva with its temporary crowns section (I'm trying to circumvent actually prepping the model so that I can keep the process fully digital)

Any ideas would be helpful. I'm sure I'll come up with something in a day or two, just thought I'd see if there was already a way sorted that works well

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am using a diagnostic waxup I design to create a full arch shell temporary to be placed at the time of prepping. I haven't done many of these and was trying to come up with a way to ensure that it is stable and in the correct position as designed when it goes into the patients mouth to be adapted to the preps.

I was going to use the tissue model to create a palatal support for the bridge that could be removed after it's adapted but 3shape doesn't seem to like using gingiva with its temporary crowns section (I'm trying to circumvent actually prepping the model so that I can keep the process fully digital)

Any ideas would be helpful. I'm sure I'll come up with something in a day or two, just thought I'd see if there was already a way sorted that works well
Take a putty matrix on models as it is at centric, like doing an ao4.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Take a putty matrix on models as it is at centric, like doing an ao4.
We probably will end up doing something like this. I was trying to build something digitally and while I had some success by adding attachments and cutting them to gingiva to create a palatal stop but it doesn't seem to be the best solution as 3shape doesn't seem to like it very much and is getting rather glitchy