Thoughts on overseas outsourcing?

D

dentallabgod

Reaction score
I am exploring this and have had a few overseas labs reach out to me about partnering but don't think I want to do it. Can people share their experiences with overseas labs and the process?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You can, but ...

Your stuff can be held up for two weeks, or longer, in both directions at the border. Can, not will. It'll only happen on one that you needed of course.

There are lots of reasons, but this is a large sore spot for many techs: Send it to China and help build their labs, skillsets, standard of living, and economy instead of ours.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I won't get involved in that. I tell my accounts that even when I send a case out to an implant milling company I can't be held accountable for their lack of production speed.
That's the best statement I've ever heard on the whole of oursourcing.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I am exploring this and have had a few overseas labs reach out to me about partnering but don't think I want to do it. Can people share their experiences with overseas labs and the process?
We did a long as time ago with a dentsply lab over seas when pfm were hot. They showed us a sample and we were like for 39.99 we can get that and they use USA alloys like argen. and in 7 days. We signed up, within 1 week ****, we has to strip and rebake. i t was a mess. With everything going on in this industry why would we send over seas anymore. Now i don't know what your planning on sending. If it is cad cam related why not have it designed and milled in house. More details would help.

D

dentallabgod

Reaction score
You can, but ...

Your stuff can be held up for two weeks, or longer, in both directions at the border. Can, not will. It'll only happen on one that you needed of course.

There are lots of reasons, but this is a large sore spot for many techs: Send it to China and help build their labs, skillsets, standard of living, and economy instead of ours.
Is China really

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes China is really.

outsourcing in general makes a lot of sense when you can't really afford the entry cost of a new technology, or can't make the ROI because you don't make those products a lot.

but you don't have to go all the way to china to save a buck.

D

dentallabgod

Reaction score
If anyone has recent experience going overseas or contacts there, I am willing to pay to talk to someone further to better understand the overseas environment. I know its probably not the right path but interested in learning more!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I know people go overseas for hair raising transplant

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
But you have to watch out, if they run out of hair patchs to transplant and you are under anesthesia they may get it from places where the sun never shines

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
If anyone has recent experience going overseas or contacts there, I am willing to pay to talk to someone further to better understand the overseas environment. I know its probably not the right path but interested in learning more!
Are you going to divulge this information to your accounts, that their restorations are made overseas? If you do and they are okay with that, then do it. They will eventually just work around you and send it directly overseas for themselves, cutting out the middleman(you). At least you'll enjoy your next stimulus check more, at that time.Banghead

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Check out costa rica.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Think that ship has already sailed.
Ever thought about riding the IOS wave, its building momentum daily.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I certainly could be wrong but I don’t think you’re going to find anyone here that’s sending work overseas, and if they are they probably aren’t going to admit it in this thread. Maybe you’ll hear from someone via PM. No ones been that brave since Tom Moore left us, may he rest in piecework.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
You can sending work overseas to me :)
I wonder what price I would have to offer to make it pay off. 108 $ Zr with cutback layering and you must add shipping costs. Around 50 $ ?
will you still earn?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I certainly could be wrong but I don’t think you’re going to find anyone here that’s sending work overseas, and if they are they probably aren’t going to admit it in this thread. Maybe you’ll hear from someone via PM. No ones been that brave since Tom Moore left us, may he rest in piecework.
Does the St.Lawrence count as overseas?