Thoughts/experience on printed definitive crowns?

A

andrprtl

Reaction score
What do you thinks about recent ceramic filled resins such as Varseo Crown Plus? anyone who tried them?

R

roydent

Reaction score
I have printed a few Varseo plus crowns, not for permanent but for temps. They are stronger than temp crowns printed off the temp resin for sure, but are not same or stronger than zirconias. I was not able to find the strength of Varseo plus and my thread is just based on my experience out of grinding them using handpieces thou.

A

andrprtl

Reaction score
That’s well appreciated information anyways! Thanks for the input! How did it look after polishing?
I have printed a few Varseo plus crowns, not for permanent but for temps. They are stronger than temp crowns printed off the temp resin for sure, but are not same or stronger than zirconias. I was not able to find the strength of Varseo plus and my thread is just based on my experience out of grinding them using handpieces thou.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
What do you thinks about recent ceramic filled resins such as Varseo Crown Plus? anyone who tried them?
When I was in Chicago they called them permanent crowns. And when I asked what is a permanent crown they said it is like you Kerr or Fuji composite crown. In plain English temp crowns like the temp printed dentures. The hype with all these materials is that they are printed and no one talks about quality.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
When I was in Chicago they called them permanent crowns. And when I asked what is a permanent crown they said it is like you Kerr or Fuji composite crown. In plain English temp crowns like the temp printed dentures. The hype with all these materials is that they are printed and no one talks about quality.
Well- talk about the quality...

I think the hype with these materials is affordable dental care. Posterior crowns that do not require a highly aesthetic material sounds like a good option.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Yes until it flexed hence breaking the bond and falling from grace. composit is fine for some and not others. I had a friend who wore a temp for 16 years on a canine. They will keep pushing same day solutions without informing patients of the quality or warranty> my 2 cents