This is what I get for trying to outsource some removables

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Oh and the posteriors were all set in a cheek bite fashion.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Hard to tell from pics,, #9 placement wasn’t even near the realm of acceptable,, the bite was being held open by the posteriors, the bi’s were cut down at the neck making them ridiculously short (tons of room, lazy tooth setting). Not to mention the frame was over contoured in the #9 buccal area causing me to have to grind off the retention loop as I fixed their work. Besides all that even if it was just #9 being set in a ridiculous fashion, I’m not wanting to get into the habit of redoing work I pd good money for.
Send it back to be corrected at no charge, that's what a Dr would expect from you.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Send it back to be corrected at no charge, that's what a Dr would expect from you.
Agreed. Unfortunately it’s not that simple. I had to rework the case myself due to time constraints. I definitely won’t be using this particular lab again (not the first issue). Easier for me to just work 7 days a week and do it rt the first time rather than fix other labs work.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Hard to tell from pics,, #9 placement wasn’t even near the realm of acceptable,, the bite was being held open by the posteriors, the bi’s were cut down at the neck making them ridiculously short (tons of room, lazy tooth setting). Not to mention the frame was over contoured in the #9 buccal area causing me to have to grind off the retention loop as I fixed their work. Besides all that even if it was just #9 being set in a ridiculous fashion, I’m not wanting to get into the habit of redoing work I pd good money for.

Ok..now I see it. Well clasps should be I-bar type, premolars are too short, and #9...yeah.
If there is somebody out there that's really good with dentures, I need to outsource some too, but what you've shown is usually what I find by labs willing to do removable outsource. I find the talented labs left don't need any secondary work.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I am in FL, These pictures kind of make me want to get into lab to lab business. I would do a better job and would love an extra $450. Partials suck in general though. I have found frames are just a lost art.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
That's about a $145 job from the outsource lab i used. $400 is quiet a stretch. But hey, its the free market.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
As far as the design goes... it’s tough to tell from the angle of the pictures provided. An I bar may not have worked on #6 anyway. The bubble on #11 looks like it it where the retentive tip should be. I’d suggest sending a design to the lab next time. The teeth look like 10 degree Dentsply Anatoline. They are a shorter tooth. Maybe next time suggest they use Vitapan or HK Mondial. Better yet.. send teeth with the case and avoid their markup on tooth selection. Just my opinion.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
My issue with this is it can all be corrected (except fw) if it is in wax as it appears to be. You neglected to give a palatal shot which seems to not be in your typical concise post style... FW issues (contour/clasping) should be addressed in design/ cast frame try in stage. That ship flew. Don't forget most patients don't even know how many teeth they have. And always remember--- One man's "HUH?" is another's "OH, OKAY". lol

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Agreed. Unfortunately it’s not that simple. I had to rework the case myself due to time constraints. I definitely won’t be using this particular lab again (not the first issue). Easier for me to just work 7 days a week and do it rt the first time rather than fix other labs work.
Just raise your prices enough to drop an account or 2. Easy problem to solve but ya' gotta have a set...

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I think inna hurry wants to arm wrastle
Might be better than what I've had going on here for the last 6 weeks (my elbow hurts) ....
Seriously--- all the setup issues can be corrected and rewaxed in 15 minutes.
The FW???? Notso much.
Again... the design should've been discussed before being castas this is not a cookie cutter case and any discrepancies corrected at FW try in.

Ps. That's one f'ugly mouth.... I'd call that setup "Masculine".... maybe even charge the Dr. extra....
That's how I roll... FIGHT ME.Boxing

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Alright alright. You guys got me. I’m a whiny b@&$?h. (Takes one to know one. ) I shouldn’t have to explain to the frame lab that this thing needed i bars. My solution is to never send them work again.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Alright alright. You guys got me. I’m a whiny b@&$?h. (Takes one to know one. ) I shouldn’t have to explain to the frame lab that this thing needed i bars. My solution is to never send them work again.
A likable whiney beech though! Thanks for all the pics and sharing you do!

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Just wow! My dad taught me function first then esthetics!
It's actually comfort first than function than esthetics. It doesn't matter how well it functions if the patient can't wear it.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
It's actually comfort first than function than esthetics. It doesn't matter how well it functions if the patient can't wear it.
Sorry but my old dentist take is "If they like the way they look they'll learn how to make it work". If they (or someone they know) thinks they look bad they will not wear it. No way, no how.

Top Bottom