This is what I get for trying to outsource some removables

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Third lab I’ve tried to get some help from for my overflow. Just one man in an in house lab. Can’t always do it all myself. Between the frame and the set up I’m into this thing 400$. Really was hoping to be able to keep my business close to the west coast. 95595E87-007E-458F-AD41-0DC90161EA5B.jpeg CA613713-B793-4C51-9005-1E739EA81A0A.jpeg FF65530E-969E-4572-8D8B-A790957B94D5.jpeg

Attachments

• A79F7CB9-93D8-4EA7-8CA9-4613EAA50053.jpeg
    A79F7CB9-93D8-4EA7-8CA9-4613EAA50053.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 270
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Third lab I’ve tried to get some help from for my overflow. Just one man in an in house lab. Can’t always do it all myself. Between the frame and the set up I’m into this thing 400$. Really was hoping to be able to keep my business close to the west coast. View attachment 35003 View attachment 35005 View attachment 35006
DUuuude! Oh it hurts.

Edit: Are those 0 degree teeth too? Name the guilty. naaaaaaAAAME THEEEEeeem.

Ugh, you got
Shaftposter.jpg

What's their slogan, 'When you want to pay more than Glidewell fees, but get less"?

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I’m constantly putting my own work down as mediocre,,, ‘best I can do under the circumstances.’ Then I see what else is out there. No wonder this is a dead industry.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I’ll just say they’re a large, well established lab in Portland or.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Clearly they are taking copious amounts of anti-glaucoma meds.
Agreed. What’s funny is they be home right now counting their money while I’m missing time w my kid to fix their work. America.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
While I’m pissing and morning I’ve got another one for ya. I come into the lab this morning to find that my ‘dentist employer’ had used my brand new lathe bur to grind the palate out of a stone model in order to attempt to make his son a suck down night guard. I shoulda taken a picture of the condition he left my bur in. I’m losin it folks.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
While I’m pissing and morning I’ve got another one for ya. I come into the lab this morning to find that my ‘dentist employer’ had used my brand new lathe bur to grind the palate out of a stone model in order to attempt to make his son a suck down night guard. I shoulda taken a picture of the condition he left my bur in. I’m losin it folks.
Not for much, but if he’s your employer isn’t it his new lathe bur?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Don't sweat the small stuff. Steam the stone out of it, or use it as a stone bur and let your boss buy you another bur for acrylic.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Not for much, but if he’s your employer isn’t it his new lathe bur?
Such a simple concept you’d think I’d have realized the truth of the situation. Boy am I an idiot. Thanks for taking time out of your day to set me straight. Ya smug c$&t.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Third lab I’ve tried to get some help from for my overflow. Just one man in an in house lab. Can’t always do it all myself. Between the frame and the set up I’m into this thing 400$. Really was hoping to be able to keep my business close to the west coast.

I can't tell too much from the pictures, what am I not seeing? Framework design for clasps not ideal and #9 is slightly longer/ ajar but fixable. Is it great..no. But it's a crowded up mess anyways. Just wondering your critique along with pictures.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
A bent mandrel will solve that issue for next time...hehe

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Third lab I’ve tried to get some help from for my overflow. Just one man in an in house lab. Can’t always do it all myself. Between the frame and the set up I’m into this thing 400$. Really was hoping to be able to keep my business close to the west coast. View attachment 35003 View attachment 35005 View attachment 35006
On the west coast...the only folks I'd trust is Chromeworks. Cost a little more but usually they are always better than mediocre.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I can't tell too much from the pictures, what am I not seeing? Framework design for clasps not ideal and #9 is slightly longer/ ajar but fixable. Is it great..no. But it's a crowded up mess anyways. Just wondering your critique along with pictures.
Hard to tell from pics,, #9 placement wasn’t even near the realm of acceptable,, the bite was being held open by the posteriors, the bi’s were cut down at the neck making them ridiculously short (tons of room, lazy tooth setting). Not to mention the frame was over contoured in the #9 buccal area causing me to have to grind off the retention loop as I fixed their work. Besides all that even if it was just #9 being set in a ridiculous fashion, I’m not wanting to get into the habit of redoing work I pd good money for.

Top Bottom