This is how we design in 3shape

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
full contour is easy, and this is a trick since 2009.

what you don't show here is how to get good fit once you send this to the mill. you can design like this all day no problem, but milling it right, and getting precise fit is another matter entirely.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

what you don't show here is how to get good fit once you send this to the mill. you can design like this all day no problem, but milling it right, and getting precise fit is another matter entirely.
this is true. finally got mine dialed in. milled 5 screw retained fcz crowns over the weekend. spot on fits finally. few little things i have to be sure i do when nesting, but otherwise this technique works well and ive made dozens of crowns like this recently!

user name

user name

Reaction score
@noaddhere1 You are a digital design outsource lab, no? Open gingival embrasures and poorly placed height of contours like that would be a problem for me.

Sorry; just honest.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what trick are you referring to? I didn't see any special 'trick"...

Thanks in advance

M
scanning the ti base as if it was a normal stone die. tricking the software to allow you to do design on the ti base without having the implant module.

its no good for virtually anything else and doesnt even work that great as a trick.

but its what everyone used to have to do to make zirc screw retained before local milling was a thing.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
scanning the ti base as if it was a normal stone die.

I see, didn't realize that was a 'trick' :cool: I am new to 3shape and I have been doing it that way since I started...

Thanks for the clarification!

M

noaddhere1

noaddhere1

Reaction score

We work close with our customers and we dialed settings at there request in a few first cases. Besides we have there milling strategies in order.

noaddhere1

noaddhere1

Reaction score
@noaddhere1 You are a digital design outsource lab, no? Open gingival embrasures and poorly placed height of contours like that would be a problem for me.

Sorry; just honest.
Thanks for the constructive criticizm. I learn dayly. If I only had a soft tisue scan I would defenately work out proper biological width, but here we work blind.

MetalMachine

MetalMachine

Reaction score
If I was you I would delete the video right away. You might get real trouble depending on your country.