Thermostar P1 repair or sell as is?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Have not had time to work on this furnace, but it probably needs 3 new elements. They were replaced, but it still seemed to contaminate the zirconia. It has not been used for three years, but I would finally like to decide the fate of this piece of equipment. Tried a few different techniques as per Ivoclar to recondition the elements and "clean" the firing chamber. I also replaced the thermocouple trying to resolve the firing issues as a last resort, but that did not help. We would get a couple of good firings and then it would contaminate the zirconia. Most people had good luck with furnace.

Ivoclar tried to help, but they really had limited interest in fixing it. I tried to contact Thermostar directly, but they would never respond. So does anyone have any inside information on how to repair this or get new elements for it? I don't feel like spending $2,500 for new elements if it isn't going to eliminate the problem. If someone would like to buy this "as is" or for parts I would also entertain that idea.

Suggestions?