Thermoplastic not adapting to teeth

H

HelloKitty123

Reaction score
Hi, i am using formslab 3d printer to print models and make nightguards from them. So I vacuum the plastic onto the model but for some of these the plastic is not adapting, there is no teeth on the plastic, no features or anatomy . Below is a link to an image, i hope it works. Please help

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
How would adapt to plaster model using the same technique ?

H

HelloKitty123

Reaction score
I tried with die stone and the same thing happened. Do you think its something with the impression

E

erykd1

Reaction score
We happened to stumble on an issue with night guards on 3d models using thicker material (dual laminate 3mm and 4mm) on our biostar pressure former- 3d models needed a much longer hold time under pressure or much of the details and retention would be lost. Turns out a gypsum model absorbs the heat while a 3d model needs much more time to cool. Don't know if that's your issue, hopefully it helps someone out, as even tech support from a couple different companies couldn't figure it out.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Just thinking off the top of my head and may not be helpful, however I would try to cover with a small bowl while vacuuming and see if that helps, or dup the model in labstone and try that way.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
What machine are you using?
Are you heating the material long enough?
Are you leaving the vacuum on long enough?
Normally when you see this, it's not getting hot enough or the vacuum wasn't on long enough. Or both.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Or they didn't cut out the palate.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi, i am using formslab 3d printer to print models and make nightguards from them. So I vacuum the plastic onto the model but for some of these the plastic is not adapting, there is no teeth on the plastic, no features or anatomy . Below is a link to an image, i hope it works. Please help

you're not heating the material long enough.

H

HelloKitty123

Reaction score
Guys thank you for your responses. I used the scheu ministar and the nightguard came out great verses a typical vacuum press