The " What implant is this?" Thread

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
no it's just a tradition impression the doctor sent in.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Just order up the Variobases and scan them on the model.
i seriouisly can't figure out the website! Even when I click the direct link for variobase on google it takes me to their crappy home page where I'm a dunce. Can you send me a link?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Aaaaand I'm back. So first time doctor trying us out. sends in a case with two blue biomet 3i abuts. I've gone to there website but I struggle with comprehending all the bajillions of parts. Will one of y'all help me out?

So, zimmer is Biomet 3i? https://www.zimmerbiometdental.com/...EQaajoiIAdAiFww!!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

If doc wants to do direct form biomet, do I need to download their 3shape library and buy their scanbody?
Do they have angle corrected ti bases for screw retained?
If the doctor wants custom Ti or Zr abuts, do they provide the milling?
I see argen and dess have the parts so 3rd party is taken care of. Why is buying from the actual brand so confusing?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Can the zimmer scan bodies be used for scanning?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Well y'all are slow. Luckily the doc was good with 3rd party stuff so it was easy.

As you were.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Well y'all are slow. Luckily the doc was good with 3rd party stuff so it was easy.

As you were.
If we can help you please let us know. We have the scan bodies, ti bases, custom titanium abutments, FDA approval and the same lifetime replacement on the Zimmer and/or 3i implant with the DESS component. Any way we can help please let me know.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Thanks Keith but you're too late! I already chatted with someone on your website and bought your goods!!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
This is a Nobel Parallel implant, so active/connical connection are the abutment parts right? Does this fit look weird?
1582065222228.png

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
It looks correct. The connection is conical so there is typically a 1mm gap between the top of the implant and the bottom of the collar.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
This is in the FWIW department - Nobel Parallel does not refer to the connection, more the implant cylinder shape,
so I would not bank on that as an indication it has a Conical Connection. But that part about the 'gap' (more like
a step for 'platform switch' to migrate the microgap ) from Keith quite right.
LCM

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Can anyone identify this one? Dr says it was placed about 25 yrs ago.

Attachments

• 7837BFAB-16FC-4EC4-B8AE-06AAF1C21575.jpeg
    7837BFAB-16FC-4EC4-B8AE-06AAF1C21575.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 11
Saluki

Saluki

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas about this one. Dentist inherited this case , new patient. Previous dentist has no records. And neither does prosthodontist. 1141C1AD-99EE-42E0-928F-4CA861A91F43.jpeg 1141C1AD-99EE-42E0-928F-4CA861A91F43.jpeg