The " What implant is this?" Thread

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I have attached a color chart with implant platforms to help DLN members quickly identify what system platform they are using. It is not a complete list...I apologize for this and will be creating a new one.

Attachments

• DESS-USA Product List 2015 - Color Chart.pdf
    42.7 KB · Views: 52
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I have attached a color chart with implant platforms to help DLN members quickly identify what system platform they are using. It is not a complete list...I apologize for this and will be creating a new one.
Nice. Looks more like a cheesy attempt at an ad than a comparability chart though.

Last edited:
keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
If it helps great and if not then don't use it...I can't be all things to all people...especially in this industry....

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for the cheat sheet - useful in a pinch to at least know
what the one in your hand is NOT.
That is useful in itself, because alot of time, it is a game of elimination.
Maybe not as useful for those with partial or full red-green color blindness . . .
esp. between the Aqua and Lilac . . .
LCM

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Here's another
Dr. Writes "Straumann Rn, SP yellow"
So I can buy synocta RN analog for the model?
strmn syn RN yellow.JPG

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
The analog is already there it is the gold metal with matte finish part next to the gold solid abutment. It comes packaged with all these parts

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Yes, but you will be snapping it on instead of a screw retained analog . . . not sure
if accurate enough for what you need to do . . .
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Looks like they provided you with the Solid abutment system. So are they expecting you to
insert the solid abutment on the analog and tighten it, hoping when the
DDS torque that in the mouth, it would be at the exact orientation as on your cast . . .
Best of luck, is all I can say unless you know more than me how he intends to do that . . .
LCM

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
We're doing custom. So I bought a normal model analog implant

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
IMG_0396.JPG Ok kiddies. First time seeing a swish from imp. Dir.
the dr supplied transfer and analog doesn't want to fit in the impression. I looked at impdir website and their YouTube channel for help but nothing. So coming to the smart source now! You guys are all so smart and talented and probably good looking and charitable and stuff! You're the best.
I feel it should be the ... open tray impression? Is that the kind where the transfer is permanently stuck in the impression and you unscrew the analogfrom the access hole in the tray?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 25955 Ok kiddies. First time seeing a swish from imp. Dir.
the dr supplied transfer and analog doesn't want to fit in the impression. I looked at impdir website and their YouTube channel for help but nothing. So coming to the smart source now! You guys are all so smart and talented and probably good looking and charitable and stuff! You're the best.
I feel it should be the ... open tray impression? Is that the kind where the transfer is permanently stuck in the impression and you unscrew the analogfrom the access hole in the tray?
Problem is that's an open tray impression post that is supposed to be left IN the impression and NOT removed. The imp post is supposed to be unscrewed from the impant before the tray is removed and the analog screwed to the Imp Post before pouring, then unscrewed before separating the model from the impression.

This is a phone call and reimpress to get it right.

Edit: So much for reading comprehension. You are right. Not sure why your post stops at "You're the best." Odd.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Nice. I feel much better!
Now, does anyone want to call the doc for me? It just feels like such a pain to do today:arghh:

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
When I call the dr could I offer to drill a hole through the tray so it seats fully?
How did he do the impression?!? He must have used a different screw right?
So many questions. I feel like facepalming

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So just tried seating with a screw that fits internally...still not gonna work cause retention grooves of transfer are too deep. I'd have to cut them off.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
When I call the dr could I offer to drill a hole through the tray so it seats fully?
How did he do the impression?!? He must have used a different screw right?
So many questions. I feel like facepalming
He did it for you. Yeah, the tray needs a hole.
You don't want me to call him for you. I have a low threshold for dealing kindly with those who are willingly idiots.
Give him the attachment:

Attachments

• Implant Primer.pdf
    110.7 KB · Views: 5
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So just tried seating with a screw that fits internally...still not gonna work cause retention grooves of transfer are too deep. I'd have to cut them off.
That's the idea. It is supposed to be very secure in the impression material. He had to exert some serious intentional force to remove that. I'm just hoping that he bothered to unscrew it from the implant in the Pts mouth first. That would get unpleasant if not.

Does the impression look like he even screwed it down to impress?