The " What implant is this?" Thread

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Got to work more on the screw retained convincing to the docs, still not wanting to do it. thanks john

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Got to work more on the screw retained convincing to the docs, still not wanting to do it. thanks john

Totally understand, if your servicing clients that only occasionally do implant restorations often times its a comfort factor for them.

There is so much scientific evidence that screw retained is far superior for the health of the fixture over cement retained as it correlates to perio-implantitis???.

Of course most of this is based upon cheap ass Dr.'s over the years wanting to use stock abutments with margins 5mm deep and not being able to clean things up properly.

Being a resource and not being apprehensive to make suggestions only strengthens relationships and allows your skill to be compensated for over the big box lab that will just follow the RX. Now before anyone gets their panties all bunched I am not saying I have the ability or the training to dictate restorative choices, what I can say I do routinly is is discuss options and the pros and cons associated with them.

Good luck on this case share what you end up doing.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Ok. Here's the next. Never seen this before. Doc says its Nobel active. Just sent a stock abut from implant direct.
It just has that gold metal insert in the impression. WTH do I do?
image.jpg image.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think it is similar to a 'snappy' abutment. It is a closed tray impression coping. Snap the analog in and add your mask, Then pour it up.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Looks like its a prefab abutment he used to take the impression with. If that's the case he also just had it sitting in place as the material flowed down and out funny.

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Unfortunately that is how implant direct has designed that system. You need the impression coping/abutment the dr used to take the impression. It is then supposed to be pushed back in to the impression engaging the metal piece captured in the impression

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Forgot this. He sent thus old model to take analog from. I'm assuming it will snap into the impression? image.jpg

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
No that is just the analog. You need the abutmen as well. The whole assembly has three parts to it. The piece captured in the impression (leave that in place as is),the abutment and the analog

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
ok i think i got it. put the abutment in analog then the screw access hole in abutment will engage into the impression.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
And to think some people actually wonder if an intra oral scan is more accurate than the picture above.
Love the pulls as much as the claw marks. ( not directed at you Riley)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Yeah! Let's see your oral scanner do quality pulls!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yeah! Let's see your oral scanner do quality pulls!

The only way to do that in digital is with the morphing tool. You gave me a neat idea though.;)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
is nobel conical connection rp same as nobel active rp?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Yes and no, they use the same parts but to my knowledge they are different. The conical connection is a more tapered implant compared to the active solution. Check out the pic I am uploading.

Attachments

• nobel.JPG
    nobel.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So ordering an active ti interface isn't going to work eh?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Yes you can order the active interface for a conical connection. They are the same interface same abutments same everything from a restorative stand point. The only difference between the two is the shape of the implant itself not the internal but the outside dimensions.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Yes you can order the active interface for a conical connection. They are the same interface same abutments same everything from a restorative stand point. The only difference between the two is the shape of the implant itself not the internal but the outside dimensions.
Thank you

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Active and the conical connection INTERFACE is the same. Nobel "aquired" the right to this fixture after buying it not developing it.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Ok. Doc sends Nobel case. Says its "Replace 4.3 conical connection".
Hmmm. Replace is tri-lobe and conical is hex right?
Here's his impression transfer. I should order a Nobel active model analog? 4.0? image.jpg