The " What implant is this?" Thread

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Dear website designer of this website, could you add a feature that allows you to see all the photos posted in a thread so I don’t have scroll through 9 pages of replies? That’d be neat feature.

Anyways, I’ve asked for this one before i think, but forgot what it is.

Anyone know what this thing is?

IMG_7139.jpeg

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Dear website designer of this website, could you add a feature that allows you to see all the photos posted in a thread so I don’t have scroll through 9 pages of replies? That’d be neat feature.

Anyways, I’ve asked for this one before i think, but forgot what it is.

Anyone know what this thing is?

View attachment 44240
def a 3i

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Next up:

The interface of the impression coping has 5 larger channels and 2 small channels. Never seen it before.

IMG_7580.jpeg

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMP-Product-Image-Implant Transfer-EV-BP-w-text.png
    IMP-Product-Image-Implant Transfer-EV-BP-w-text.png
    425.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Fried Chicken GIF by KFC India

You deserve a nice chicken dinner

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
10-25-23.jpeg Intra Oral Image 3-27-24.jpeg

Any ideas on this one? More pics to come once the crowns de bonded. Doctor estimates it was placed around 25 to 30 years ago

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I think its a Biomet 3i Osseotite implant

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
View attachment 44423 View attachment 44424

Any ideas on this one? More pics to come once the crowns de bonded. Doctor estimates it was placed around 25 to 30 years ago
1_[2].jpeg 2_[3].jpeg IMG_1878.jpeg

On a closer look, it looks like there’s no anti rotation internal hex, and it almost looks like the abutment and screw are one solid piece, which I’ve never heard of, unless they got fused together somehow.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
View attachment 44425 View attachment 44426 View attachment 44427

On a closer look, it looks like there’s no anti rotation internal hex, and it almost looks like the abutment and screw are one solid piece, which I’ve never heard of, unless they got fused together somehow.
Could this be a "solid abutment" like the old strauman tissue level abutments? If it wasn't for the abutment, i would feel a lot more coinfident that it is a biomet 3i implant.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Could this be a "solid abutment" like the old strauman tissue level abutments? If it wasn't for the abutment, i would feel a lot more coinfident that it is a biomet 3i implant.
It does look a lot like those straumann solid abutments, but I’m not finding any straumann implants that look like the one in the radiograph

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
It does look a lot like those straumann solid abutments, but I’m not finding any straumann implants that look like the one in the radiograph
i don't think it's a straumann implant. I am wondering if 3i had a similar system since this was restored 20 years ago when the straumann tissue level solid abutment was being used extensively

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
i don't think it's a straumann implant. I am wondering if 3i had a similar system since this was restored 20 years ago when the straumann tissue level solid abutment was being used extensively
When I filter in spotimplant by 3I, and connection type no anti rotational, nothing is coming up, I wonder if there’s a better search engine to use besides spotimplant though cuz I’ve gone through a decent amount of the database with filters matching this implant and still can’t find it lol

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score