The three tiers of itero for lab......

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Im not sure I follow...its been a while. Are you going to be getting models from iTero? I believe thats where the only cost savings are.

Model free? level 1
Make your own models? level 1
Need iteros models, then 3.

Refer to post #9.
After I get the stl I will have a local lab make my models.
Would get either tier 3, or 2.

Buy the lowest tier, you can upgrade any time. Whatever you have in it is applied to the next tier. You don't know if that client is going to continue using that scanner. Plenty of offices use them for door stops.

Unless things have changed, the doctor gets software for the office to track scanned cases. This software can also download the stl files once the scans have been cleaned up and the margins marked at Align.

If you have a good relationship with this client and they are local, go to the office and call Align tech support. They will show you how the software works and how to download the stl files in your preferred CAD design format. Take a flash drive and pick up all the cases without carrying case pans. Once you are familiar with the process teach one of the office staff how to do it and upload them to Drop Box or similar FTP service.

Pretty sure you are exo user. Model Creator module msrp is $1200 last I looked. It was designed specifically to design models from IO scans. Your reseller will drop a license key for it on your work station. Restart the software and presto your ready to design models. Or you can just try the iTero models for a bit.

I agree with the Aussie, you will have more and more clients going this way. If you are a small operation you don't have to get everything at once. If you really are unfamiliar with the work flows you will be better served to ease into it. You will make wiser decisions after you gain some experience. Listen to User Name. He's not as nutty as he'd like you to believe.

Yes exo here. ( I misspoke when I said Builder). Yes good connection with office.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Of all the scanners ,why would they get an Itero?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Of all the scanners ,why would they get an Itero?

Invis. Mentioned the one 2th posted, doc doesn’t want to change. (Doc Also heard not as accurate. Fake news)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Hello 2th. Few day ago I check with my exo version distributor so I could add the model builder to my software, I was shocked to find out that the price tag was $2,400.00 in addiction to $3,500 to be current with my software.Now you mentioned $1,200 for the exo model builder, can elaborate further on that.thanks

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hello 2th. Few day ago I check with my exo version distributor so I could add the model builder to my software, I was shocked to find out that the price tag was $2,400.00 in addiction to $3,500 to be current with my software.Now you mentioned $1,200 for the exo model builder, can elaborate further on that.thanks
I am not any official exocad source. On their old webpage exocad used to list the msrp of each module, but that has changed recently. The reseller's can charge whatever they want. Some charge more and some charge less than the msrp. Training and support has to be considered as well.

Your dongle contract must be brought up to date to add modules, doesn't matter which reseller. They only offer new versions of modules, so in order for the software to work without glitches and bugs (unlike their competition) the CAD has to be the newest version as well.

You can always contact some of the other resellers in N.A. and compare pricing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I hope you placed all those yearly savings in an interest bearing account.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Is anybody using mesh mixer software to design stl file scan models to be printed?

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
One question....Do I need Model Builder on my 3Shape if I am just going to design crowns without printing a model?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
One question....Do I need Model Builder on my 3Shape if I am just going to design crowns without printing a model?
Not sure, but I’m designing on exoCad with it. Edit “without”...:banhappy::bag::banghead:

Last edited: