The three tiers of itero for lab......

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
They are running a 4th quarter promo, 50% off. One of my docs is warm on the iOS. I am not receiving any files yet but this could change that.
I’m thinking it might be time to get in at half price and that makes the tier 3 more attractive.

Anyone have any insight on this??

user name

user name

Reaction score
I bought in full price tier 3. Now knowing the work flow, I could have been just as well served with tier 1.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
if you are in tight with your client ask him to get your portal software included in the deal you will probably get it for free itero is pretty desperate at the moment to lock as many dentists in as possible as other aligner companies are knocking on the door and scanners like carestream and also medit i500 are half the price.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
if you are in tight with your client ask him to get your portal software included in the deal you will probably get it for free itero is pretty desperate at the moment to lock as many dentists in as possible as other aligner companies are knocking on the door and scanners like carestream and also medit i500 are half the price.
If you don't ask, they can't say yes.
Very nice.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I bought in full price tier 3. Now knowing the work flow, I could have been just as well served with tier 1.

Can you better explain? Seems to me you would want at least Tier2

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Hmmm not sure, they offer to cover his payment if work would go to some corporate partner lab. Hmmmm2

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Years ago when I used iTero I had tier 1 and was got a discounted rate to beta tier 3. I found that they marked the margins every bit as good as I could and were probably more efficient at it too. Back then they only did models and they showed up with regularity so no need to 'manage cases'. Once stl files became available I got the doctor's software portal installed on my machine and downloaded the stl files directly from Align once they were ready. Just go with the lowest level that allows stl export if you don't have access to the office portal.

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
I dont recall the details of each; I think at 2, you get to control margins, and 3 just gives you more articulators and a price cut on models.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Years ago when I used iTero I had tier 1 and was got a discounted rate to beta tier 3. I found that they marked the margins every bit as good as I could and were probably more efficient at it too. Back then they only did models and they showed up with regularity so no need to 'manage cases'. Once stl files became available I got the doctor's software portal installed on my machine and downloaded the stl files directly from Align once they were ready. Just go with the lowest level that allows stl export if you don't have access to the office portal.

Don’t know anything about portals, but does this info clarify which level?
Are there other , or better , options for doc ? Wants for in visi lign B540856C-8197-48BC-9834-9F96889F0E9E.png

G

grantoz

Reaction score
just get the stl portal going then use your exocad software to do the models its eesy peesy you mark all your margins etc in there.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The doc can download and export stl files at no charge if I remember correctly and they haven't changed how it works. If you show someone at the office how to do it they can forward the files to you.

If you go with tier 3 you will probably kick yourself later because you won't find it that useful over time.

Talk your client into an open format IO scanner and send the scans to Clear Correct instead of Align. Then you can avoid all this closed system nonsense.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Talk your client into an open format IO scanner and send the scans to Clear Correct instead of Align. Then you can avoid all this closed system nonsense.

I looked up clear correct, had not heard of it before. Interesting. Wonder why they didn’t call it clear correct Cares? ;)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
just get the stl portal going then use your exocad software to do the models its eesy peesy you mark all your margins etc in there.
The doc can download and export stl files at no charge if I remember correctly and they haven't changed how it works. If you show someone at the office how to do it they can forward the files to you.

If you go with tier 3 you will probably kick yourself later because you won't find it that useful over time.

So the doc is pulling the trigger. He’s not interested in open.
Still haven’t decided. Feeling prodded. :eek:
Do I need model builder now too?
I don’t get what portal is. Yeah it would suck to find out I got screwed. The price of learning .
So after the cheeto fingered basement dweller marks model, could it be sent back to doc and from there I receive the .stl?

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
it might cost you some bucks to get some model design software if you dont have any but you are going to need it anyway sooner rather than later. this client isnt the only one who is going to get a scanner . the portal is the connection between the person with the scanner and your normal email doesnt handle the large files very well, with some scanners you can use drop box or even gmail but its a bit of rooting around, seriously you are going to have to do it eventually to stay in business you dont have to buy itero model software you can use exocad or 3 shapes because once they are stl files it doesnt mater.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You can always upgrade if you want.
If you buy level 3 and realize it was a waste, they wont let you down grade.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
You can always upgrade if you want.
If you buy level 3 and realize it was a waste, they wont let you down grade.

If you look at that tier chart, the extra 1500: for tier three is saved back after 300 crowns. Otherwise I’m paying 125 a month forever to get the stl to get a model made. Am I thinking correct?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not sure I follow...its been a while. Are you going to be getting models from iTero? I believe thats where the only cost savings are.

Model free? level 1
Make your own models? level 1
Need iteros models, then 3.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Buy the lowest tier, you can upgrade any time. Whatever you have in it is applied to the next tier. You don't know if that client is going to continue using that scanner. Plenty of offices use them for door stops.

Unless things have changed, the doctor gets software for the office to track scanned cases. This software can also download the stl files once the scans have been cleaned up and the margins marked at Align.

If you have a good relationship with this client and they are local, go to the office and call Align tech support. They will show you how the software works and how to download the stl files in your preferred CAD design format. Take a flash drive and pick up all the cases without carrying case pans. Once you are familiar with the process teach one of the office staff how to do it and upload them to Drop Box or similar FTP service.

Pretty sure you are exo user. Model Creator module msrp is $1200 last I looked. It was designed specifically to design models from IO scans. Your reseller will drop a license key for it on your work station. Restart the software and presto your ready to design models. Or you can just try the iTero models for a bit.

I agree with the Aussie, you will have more and more clients going this way. If you are a small operation you don't have to get everything at once. If you really are unfamiliar with the work flows you will be better served to ease into it. You will make wiser decisions after you gain some experience. Listen to User Name. He's not as nutty as he'd like you to believe.