The benefits of a Model-Less workflow

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Ratings
211 5
Are any labs going fully model-less? I love the idea, but it also scares the hell out of me.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,737 91
i mean, imagine if what you got from your machine was right in shade and contour and you didnt need to do anything to it ?

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Ratings
211 5
i mean, imagine if what you got from your machine was right in shade and contour and you didnt need to do anything to it ?
Right, I can definitely imagine how awesome that would be. Do scans from an IOS tend to be that much more accurate than traditional polyvinyl impressions?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,737 91
if i'm making what the patient himself/herself described, i can't care what other techs or docs think of my capacity to understand and create anything. i've satisfied the only important customer in the equation. if that means make a square blue central against ovate laterals and three bi's fine. i make-a three bi's.

exactly how i've extracted what the patient wanted - lets just say its telepathy and move on.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Ratings
894 10
To your questions, yes. I do quite a bit of model free work. The Drs that are doing it are the least to complain about anything. I suspect they often whisper to themselves, 'good enough'.
I had a doc that went cerec who told me his crowns were “clinically acceptable “ .

Tradewindj

Tradewindj

Ratings
And there it is! "Clinically Acceptable". The state of Dental Technology. I have watched this trend over the last 40 years and happy to retire shortly.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,737 91
I wouldn't tell anyone I have that machine.
must be nice.

however i wouldn't say outsourcing to argen qualifies. you might get a finished product back, but thats not the same thing. like, could you even order a PFZ and get a crown with porcelain back?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Ratings
9,341 254
must be nice.

however i wouldn't say outsourcing to argen qualifies. you might get a finished product back, but thats not the same thing. like, could you even order a PFZ and get a crown with porcelain back?
I don't get a finished product back.
Much the same as having a milling machine in the back room.

You could order a zirconia coping and a milled emax so yes you can order a pfz. You just have to do the f'ing. Eviltongue

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

40% titanium
Staff member
Ratings
3,737 91
so indeed, would be nice to ask the machine to make a pfz and not have to do the f'ing eh ?

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!