The BDT Technique bridge

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Will post a research from someone else other than CM but I am on a short vacation enjoying Greek sun and sea so please be a bit patient. I can understand the skepticism you all have . Remember that I am comparing it to a Prettau kind of bridge.

I am charging 3.5 k for these in Greek economy market . I charge the same for Prettau and I charge more for metal ceramics. I stopped offering metal-acrylic hybrids due to the extremely high percentage of failures I had. I consider failure even a chipped denture tooth. You all don’t have to agree with my opinion. Just sharing my experience as I am using polymers for more than 8 years with 100% success for around 70 cases. In Europe they are qualified as materials for permanent restorations so no problem here. I Recently had a full arch Prettau fail because of faulty impression. I replaced it . Do I have to stop doing them ?? Is the material not suitable for these restorations ?? Please remember all the nay sayers of zirconia for the past 15 years . Imo it is good to be cautious and not acting like sheep jumping in a new trend. But after doing my research over the years , I am convinced that this material is a really nice one for implant restorations. It is the material I would use for my own mouth or for my dad as I have already done.

I was recently in a huge dental company’s HQ and I saw a study that was made by them regarding Prettau and occlusion problems patient’s had after 6-9 years. Results were not great for zirconia.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Will post a research from someone else other than CM but I am on a short vacation enjoying Greek sun and sea so please be a bit patient. I can understand the skepticism you all have . Remember that I am comparing it to a Prettau kind of bridge.

I am charging 3.5 k for these in Greek economy market . I charge the same for Prettau and I charge more for metal ceramics. I stopped offering metal-acrylic hybrids due to the extremely high percentage of failures I had. I consider failure even a chipped denture tooth. You all don’t have to agree with my opinion. Just sharing my experience as I am using polymers for more than 8 years with 100% success for around 70 cases. In Europe they are qualified as materials for permanent restorations so no problem here. I Recently had a full arch Prettau fail because of faulty impression. I replaced it . Do I have to stop doing them ?? Is the material not suitable for these restorations ?? Please remember all the nay sayers of zirconia for the past 15 years . Imo it is good to be cautious and not acting like sheep jumping in a new trend. But after doing my research over the years , I am convinced that this material is a really nice one for implant restorations. It is the material I would use for my own mouth or for my dad as I have already done.

I was recently in a huge dental company’s HQ and I saw a study that was made by them regarding Prettau and occlusion problems patient’s had after 6-9 years. Results were not great for zirconia.
Looking forward to that.
I will say, however, that i seriously doubt the conclusions you draw. You take this absolutist stance that all other paradigms are crap, but fail to acknowledge that these are known material backed by time and research.
Anecdotally, you can claim anything, and, in fact, I've lived long enough to have heard all these claims made about earlier latest and greatest materials, that turned out to be laughable.
It follows a pattern.

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
Has anyone experience with the zirkonzahn “mineral peek” in a bdt bridge like piece of art ?
And have people who use peek in general in bdt works experienced cracks of the composite gingival layering due to the flexibilaty of the peek and inflexability of the composite?
This would be my only concern using these materials

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Jason D:
inceram, spinell and various alumina and silica variants, renaissance crowns

Boy did you bring back memories!
LCM

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
I know people are reluctant to share pricing,but what is a "range" you have heard people charging for Pekkton, Emax and composite case. Interested to see how it compares to Acrylic/Ti hybrid and Full Zirconia

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
in our market fixed hybrids are $3500-$4000 and $4500-$6000 for full zirconia

Top Bottom