The BDT Technique bridge

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I kind of forgot to post the final pictures. Well here y'all go.

Why do you have screw holes in the crowns?
Would not it be better if the screw holes were hidden under the crowns?
The dentist would cement the crowns after screwing the structure

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
It's very cool.
My concern would be whether it is a presentation piece highlighting the skill of a technician: 'look what can be accomplished" but it certainly does not look cleansable and is an awful lot of work...how much can be charged for all this? It looks like 2-3x the work of acrylic and a ti bar, and i cannot see offices paying 10 grand for it...?

Is this an example of us doing something because it pleases us instead of doing it because the market supports and pays for it?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
they look great for a while then the composite starts to look average .they also stain around the teeth like old porcelain denture teeth. i really do think do it once do it in zirconia porcelain with a ti bar the whole its too hard too rigid crap has been truly done and dusted.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Why do you have screw holes in the crowns?
Would not it be better if the screw holes were hidden under the crowns?
The dentist would cement the crowns after screwing the structure

The reason to have screw hole access is for retrievablility during 6month cleaning recall. n The holes are filled with composite which can be easily removed.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
The reason to have screw hole access is for retrievablility during 6month cleaning recall. n The holes are filled with composite which can be easily removed.
I think he's referring to the fact that as these have crowns luted to the frame, the chimneys, in usual permutations, are filled and the crown cemented over.
That is, in fact about the only real plus to this, i.e., that you have no visible holes or compromise on the occlusal table.
I'm pretty sure he understands what the screw access chimney is for

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I think he's referring to the fact that as these have crowns luted to the frame, the chimneys, in usual permutations, are filled and the crown cemented over.
That is, in fact about the only real plus to this, i.e., that you have no visible holes or compromise on the occlusal table.
I'm pretty sure he understands what the screw access chimney is for
Problem with that is, now every six months you're cutting off crowns during these recall appointments so that you can remove the appliance. It's not recommended to use temporary cement with these all ceramic crowns, as temp cement likes to wash out overtime allowing the crown to shift and crack during function.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Problem with that is, now every six months you're cutting off crowns during these recall appointments so that you can remove the appliance. It's not recommended to use temporary cement with these all ceramic crowns, as temp cement likes to wash out overtime allowing the crown to shift and crack during function.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I don't think these represent much more than a lot of makecwork for C&B labs.
Of course its impractical.
I was merely clarifying how I read the question you answered.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I don't think these represent much more than a lot of makecwork for C&B labs.
Of course its impractical.
I was merely clarifying how I read the question you answered.

Not sure their practical either. I like the concepts, but would like to see a solid digital workflow.

I understood what you were saying about my answer, just wanted to clarify my answer. That's why I love the back and forth on here. I say something, someone replies with another comment or question, and I can clarify my answer to allow more people to understand my thoughts (sometimes those aren't even clear to me).

I haven't "talked" to anyone on here yet that I wouldn't enjoy getting a beer with, even with some of the more adversarial members. I think it is good to debate some of these issues or concerns or techniques. Not only does it help those in the conversation, but hopefully the lurkers are learning from our discussions.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i dont know what you mean patrick !

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Not sure their practical either. I like the concepts, but would like to see a solid digital workflow.

I understood what you were saying about my answer, just wanted to clarify my answer. That's why I love the back and forth on here. I say something, someone replies with another comment or question, and I can clarify my answer to allow more people to understand my thoughts (sometimes those aren't even clear to me).

I haven't "talked" to anyone on here yet that I wouldn't enjoy getting a beer with, even with some of the more adversarial members. I think it is good to debate some of these issues or concerns or techniques. Not only does it help those in the conversation, but hopefully the lurkers are learning from our discussions.
TBF there's a lot about BDT I don't get either.
It just seems there are predictable workflow and outcome with other materials.
The whole thing is almost Baroque in its execution.
I think they make nifty photos.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey guys, here is a BDT screw retained bridge I did right before Christmas . Pekkton, e.max and Anaxgum were used

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Very nice!
....except for that thing on his lower lip.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Drizzit...nice!
Occlusal shots or lab pics available?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizzit...nice!
Occlusal shots or lab pics available?

I think I have something but I have to dig up. Just had surgery on my knee so it might take a while

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I think I have something but I have to dig up. Just had surgery on my knee so it might take a while

Sorry to hear that Drizz... I hope its nothing serious. It just might be youre getting old:D

Take care of yourself..keep safe and i wish you a speedy recovery.

Just remember Tsipouro,Tsikoudia
and Syrtaki is a dangerous combinationBeer

Top Bottom