THANKS HENRY SCHIEN

T

twinrivers14

Reaction score
We would personally like to thank Henry Schien for stripping 40 to 50 grand out of our pockets. They have the join the pattersons and dentsupplys of the world by now selling scanning and milling units to doctors, and it just so happens that they sold one to one of our accounts. We now havent recieved anything from them in 2 weeks. Would like to know if anybody else has had this happen to them lately.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
you can add straumann and renishaw to that list.

i imagine most companies are now supplying scanners and parts direct to dr's... this is the future unfortunately.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I am waiting on Marks "I told you so"

I hate Schien/Zahn so much that I would never ever do business with them. When I get CAMLOG implant case in, I have my clients actually buy the parts because I hate that company that much.

They screwed me over one too many times, I will never ever recommend or deal with them and I will go out of my way to bash them as well.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Inhouse milling in offices is just going to grow.
As labs we must jump in the digital world and start providing faster turn-around times, closer relationships, and better service with fewer adjustments..
You may not agree with me but the typical pfm lab is a thing of the past for most of us..

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
The next two biggest publicly traded dental companies have purchased smaller companies that have intraoral scanners. These will be available next year. Crackdowns on implant abutment manufacturing by non-GMP labs, easy and fast milling resins and low cost chairside mills will change the landscape of everything.

Cross channel competition from our "vendors" is a serious challenge and will continue to grow.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Q. where's the quality control for in-house milled work? Are the teeth being restored to the design specifications that technicians follow every time? And are the docs registered as manufacturers of medical devices and properly certified? I know docs here who wouldn't buy the crowns they make in their mills, yet they continue to fit them every week. I guess standards will steadily improve in time, but it's tough for some going through the current situation. Will there be a trend for more techs to be employed directly in the doc's offices to do all the design and manudfacturing, and to be available for the removables servicing that will inevitably need attending to? A fresh approach to the relationships in the dental team may help.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Q. where's the quality control for in-house milled work?I know docs here who wouldn't buy the crowns they make in their mills, yet they continue to fit them every week.

Yes, there is a definitely a sliding scale when it comes to that topic. Peer review is and always will be the QC component at the professional level.

Will there be a trend for more techs to be employed directly in the doc's offices to do all the design and manufacturing, and to be available for the removables servicing that will inevitably need attending to? A fresh approach to the relationships in the dental team may help.

There is already a big move towards clinical dental technicians, but it is mostly implant driven with conversions etc. Resins will be much easier to work with, negating the need for in house technicians and furnaces etc..
>

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Q. where's the quality control for in-house milled work?I know docs here who wouldn't buy the crowns they make in their mills, yet they continue to fit them every week.

Yes, there is a definitely a sliding scale when it comes to that topic. Peer review is and always will be the QC component at the professional level.

Do you really feel peer review is accurate and a good way to compare quality of service?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Do you really feel peer review is accurate and a good way to compare quality of service?

Nope, but the dentists wrote the rulebook, and they made sure they took care of their own. If it worked, we wouldn't see half the junk that comes into our labs every day.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I lost five accounts to in-house CAD/CAM systems in the last twelve years. The dentists seem to be adapting to them at a faster rate in the last two years. Sirona's new OminCam is making their system more fool proof. Glidewell seems to be jumping in too.
Glidewell Laboratories to Acquire Intraoral Scanner Manufacturer IOS Technologies, Inc.

Just found out this morning, via Facebook, that one of my longest held accounts "test drove" the new Cerec. What a nice way to start your day!

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Well I for one think its BS, I have seen way too many good people hacked up by idiots and their greed!

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I lost five accounts to in-house CAD/CAM systems in the last twelve years. The dentists seem to be adapting to them at a faster rate in the last two years. Sirona's new OminCam is making their system more fool proof. Glidewell seems to be jumping in too.
Glidewell Laboratories to Acquire Intraoral Scanner Manufacturer IOS Technologies, Inc.

Just found out this morning, via Facebook, that one of my longest held accounts "test drove" the new Cerec. What a nice way to start your day!

Glidewell has been financing IOS for years. The Toothshaper mill is sweet. I'm getting one.

corona

corona

Reaction score
you can add straumann and renishaw to that list.

i imagine most companies are now supplying scanners and parts direct to dr's... this is the future unfortunately.

does that mean that we should add glidewell laboratories to that list as well ???

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
does that mean that we should add glidewell laboratories to that list as well ???

Glidewell was ALWAYS your competitor, only now they offer you products. I do not find that nearly as offensive as a vendor becoming my competitor.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
become more like Al or die. period. push your skills. rely less on automated and focus on making teeth, not crowns..dentists will see the difference, and a few will appreciate it... only thing to fear is if you cant make it look any better than a mill can. many labs in my area are starting to mill and stain everything.. I am getting LOTS more work cuz I layer anything from the first bicuspid forward, and charge for it! milled/press and stain cant compare to a skillfully layered crown. :)

or do what mark and john and sooo many others are doing.. cant beat em? join em.../facepalm

L

logitech80

Reaction score
Still makes me nervous for the future of dental techs....

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
ask my wife what I'm like when i check out the Cerec forum on DT. worst teeth ever and the peer reviews are"beautiful,""looks amazing,""WOW!,"
cosmetic dentistry in the future will be for the well off pts that can afford the few Al techs and the rest of the pts will be stuck with what their chairside mill dentists wittle for them. i honestly can't believe what drs are cementing in From Cerec

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When times get tough it's always the " big birds " that feel the axe.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I like to put my money where my mouth is and support those that are aligned with my beliefs... Saying that, I would be surprised if there were ANY supply companies that arent already supplying docs with scanners/millers, or at least thinking about it.