Template Questions

user name

user name

Reaction score
I haven't experimentd, so Im wondering what do these different templates accomplish? The only time Ive changed from a default is on bridges.
crown.PNG

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
Depending on the machine I would think it could effect the rpm of the bur or even which burs are used to mill the crown, and whether or not it uses 5 axis or 3 axis strategy

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
machine templates are built to do several things. its a series of pre-programmed parameters to guide your production. for example the most obvious difference in templates would be for milling Bars, vs milling Crowns. obviously one of these objects requires a different kind of finish than the other. obviously one will tax the tool more than the other. these templates tell the machine that when you want to cut in a certain way, use an amount of plunge and tool engagement.

these pre-programmed sequences are often highly tuned and tested, but not always. for example in my imes 350i with preprogrammed sequences from worknc, i was able to identify that my units were all between 120 and 200um off in the bite, because the part of the sequence that finished the occlusal section was not correct. i proved that this was the case by creating my own templates, milling new units and showing that they were finished now at the 20 to 60um discrepancy level. far more acceptable.