Teeth of Choice?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Flipper
Thinking outloud...... Have a new case,upper denture implant, picky lady who wants same shape teeth, old anteriors are worn down. Need a premium tooth
but having a hard time choosing. Don't want to go with portrait, thinking maybe Kultzer. Just don't want to change what she has much but want better than Portrait, but not something too different. My fear is that she'll want to chnage try-in teeth two or three times (happened on last denture.) Any suggestions/ price included?
Each time she changes her mind put the try-in teeth in a bag and charge for each set and each set-up change see how picky she is, tell her health department sais you can't use the teeth that have been in one persons mouth in another and you can't return contaminated teeth to supply house. If you have records of the teeth she used last time just go with those, I would not try to change an old gals mind, she has probabily already decided and you would be wasting your time, their like mules (tried that way to many times).

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Great tooth and made for implants but these moulds may be tough to match to portrait.

Your right because the phonares look like teeth and the dentsply tooth looks artificial.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Mainly use Vita teeth here. Something to consider not just with Vita, but any tooth. Is the structure of it. I consider a tooth a 3 dimensional object that needs
to be placed in reference of natural dentition. Meaning if you rotate it, or angle it, that it looks as though the line angles would be of natural dentition. I have seen
some set ups where the laterals were placed at such an angle that the root tips would run into the roots of the cuspids. Here I keep a fair amount of teeth in stock,
that it is nothing to swap out different molds to get the aesthetics needed. Lately, I have attended more "fixed" courses than removable to study line angles, and
tissue color. Not going to bash any tooth companies here, we all have our opinions on what looks good and works for us:)

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Flipper
Each time she changes her mind put the try-in teeth in a bag and charge for each set and each set-up change see how picky she is, tell her health department sais you can't use the teeth that have been in one persons mouth in another and you can't return contaminated teeth to supply house. If you have records of the teeth she used last time just go with those, I would not try to change an old gals mind, she has probabily already decided and you would be wasting your time, their like mules (tried that way to many times).

This is why I'm concerned on many levels. First off we both know she isn't going to tolerate even 1/2 mm of opening to correct the bite from not having any lower posteriors. The anterior teeth are going to wear down and the implants will probably fail at some point. She wants a little lighter shade, she has B59 now. I'll go with an A1 but even that's too much guessing on my part. There's a heavy framework involved (horseshoe shaped) that she didn't have before on upper. I called and expressed my concerns and everyone wants to go ahead so there you go.....

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Ivoclar also has the Phonares II that is their top of the line tooth.

I was checking these and the Blue Line out, they're really pretty, says they wear good too. Does the acrylic (199) attach well to such a dense tooth
or do they need a little mechanical retention.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know about 199, but Diamond D, and Ivocap both adhere very well, but I still roughen the tooth
a little just to be certain.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I'm studying the different teeth, i have a lot of experience with the Kultzers, I like that line of teeth and you can mix/match with the Mondials. Change is hard :)

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Flipper
This is why I'm concerned on many levels. First off we both know she isn't going to tolerate even 1/2 mm of opening to correct the bite from not having any lower posteriors. The anterior teeth are going to wear down and the implants will probably fail at some point. She wants a little lighter shade, she has B59 now. I'll go with an A1 but even that's too much guessing on my part. There's a heavy framework involved (horseshoe shaped) that she didn't have before on upper. I called and expressed my concerns and everyone wants to go ahead so there you go.....
Sometimes shade is in relation to base, if she wants to hold them up to her old denture add some red fibers to your mix of PMMA, or use a tinge of darker if only around the tooth & the papilla area. Old school mix your pmma and mix some with a little darker, push your regular just prior to snap with a gloved hand but make it thin in the flange trial pack to be sure, then make little balls of the slightly darker & put them at the papilla and trial (the balls can be inserted into holes made with the back end of you r spatula),use a dull spatula & put a little roll around the CEJ buccal, the materials should blend but give a slight appearance of a little darker around the tooth making the tooth appear a tinge lighter. If you know the tooth she liked before stay with it, if she wants it to look lighter when she holds the two against each other the tissue picture frame can work. To hide the frame opaque it lots of opaques around. I do not think this is the patient you want to experiment with different teeth, from your description.
If you go Ivoclair I use mechanical & bonder with those teeth, just to many past bad memories. PERForm Repair/Diatoric Cutter item 4100040 their around $50 and well worth it. awww.kabdentalsupplies.com_images_4100040.jpg http://www.garreco.com/12-11/Rotary%20Only.pdf
http://www.kabdentalsupplies.com/perform-tooth-cutting-p-15387.html
awww.kabdentalsupplies.com_images_4100040.jpg

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I was checking these and the Blue Line out, they're really pretty, says they wear good too. Does the acrylic (199) attach well to such a dense tooth
ALWAYS create a positive diatoric for retention - because if you do not boil out well,
sometimes even the diatoric is not enough to retain teeth like the DCL used for
the Blueline or Chromoscop teeth. Not just a hole, a hole with undercut and not
a tiny one that will break off. Double crosslinked means less free areas for new
acrylic to bond to chemically, if any at all, there was some talk about a 'hybrid'
layer, and Candulor says their new composite has been modified (like Phonares II)
to have PMMA 'filler' to ensure good bond. I never rely on a bond for retention,
bond is for a seal against stain/leakage. Teeth need to be locked in mechanically.
Just my 2 cent worth.
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
BTW - you have every reason to be worried. Expectations already set
too high at the beginning. Listen to AJEL about telling her teeth and time
has to be paid for. Many patients are not looking to have great looking
teeth or smile, but to regain their youth. You have a fountain in your lab
to do that? I sure don't and refuse to yield to those expectations that
I cannot meet because I don't have a time machine. Those I work with
know I take lots of time for natural set up, etc. But I have learned to
not set everyone up for disappointment and frustrations up front.
Identify EXACTLY what the goals and objective is up front - 'perfect
look' means nothing. I have played that game for someone who wanted
that in an immediate denture lip fullness, and then 7 try-ins because
'it did not look just right'. If the patient cannot pin down what they
are looking for at the beginning other than some vague descriptions,
I would hesitate to start any work at all. IF not, set a limit of
3 attempts and after that all bets are off.
Good luck, I know we all try our best, but be careful of being
pulled into a situation that you cannot win.
LCM

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score

I've only used Ivocap with the Blue Line and I have had no problems. However, I used to press pack the PE's (using Ivoclar's Probase Hot) and never had a bonding problem with that combination. I have always been very meticulous with boilout, diatorics, etc. and after applying separator I always roughen up the exposed surface of the tooth with a bur to get rid of any separator that may be on the teeth...only because I am an absolute slob when applying separator.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
artegral

I can't seem to post photo's...forum changed since the last time I posted photos, but if you visit my link you can get a better idea for surface texture and the other atributes of the artegrals. There are some extreme close ups that really show the details of the teeth....check it out www.facebook.com/hydedentalprosthetics

Last edited:
S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Candulor physiostar/condyloform, Ivoclar DCL/PE

A

Andy40

Reaction score
db teeth

How many have you sold are they a pretty good middle of the road teeth and what can you sell them for? Thank You for any imformation

A

Andy40

Reaction score
Where can you find trubyte portraits for best price????????

S

sas

Reaction score
Teeth of choice

Code:
Does anyone use porcelain teeth these days? If so, which ones.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Code:

Candulor have some decent porc. teeth.
Ivoclar vivoperl are pretty good. If you can find them.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Code:

Vita still makes them.
Lincoln Dental has a house brand, but the name escapes me.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Vita still makes them.
Lincoln Dental has a house brand, but the name escapes me.

We just did one with the Vita teeth and they still look awesome. The thing to remember their lightest shade in PORCELAIN is A1