Teeth of Choice?

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
@ smilesetter. I am in total agreement with this rational and prescription. The candulour or good posterior teeth and then Vita Physiodens are such great anterior teeth. The combination makes them the best. Have you tried the newer linguoforms? Setup on flat plan e for lowers and then use lingualized occlusion....Easy to setup. As well Ivoclar has a set out like a Trio which are quite easy to setup too.....Back lower are fused together so very quick setup.
Just to clarify...I don't mix the two I just use them both equally. I choose teeth based on wear resistance that I observe clinically, and life like appearance. I like all those mamelons and surface detail.
I've used Ivoclar as well but I find they are not as durable as I would like to see.
In the last few years I have noticed myself doing way more lingualized occlusion /gerber technique. And it is really working for my patients. I'm liking Swiss dent mentality.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I prefer Kenson when opposing a bruxir crown:eek:

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Myerson Specials :) Merz Artegral :) Candulor Phisiostar :)

H

HDL Owner

Reaction score
Been doing dentures for 31 years, Have had 4 advance denture courses with the USAF, 2 with Dentsply for natural esthetics and function course, worked one one with a Prostidontic. and have used everything from Swissdent porc to New Hue plastic teeth and in the end MOST patients prefer New Hue Plastics!!!!!!!! over all the rest. One constant shade, simple tooth design, good bonding quailty, easy adjustment on bites . low cost Dentures-(affortable dentures) I use New Hue, I have NO middle grade because middle is so subjective? High end is SLM or Protraits from Dentsply. I do have several set of PW4-bleaching shade-up for sale-LOL-Dr request them because patient want pearly white, only to find out-OMG! Looks like a snow storm in my mouth!-Please re-set with darker teeth.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I recommend trying the Artegral teeth by Merz dental they are pretty new to the US. They are a German made tooth with excellent surface detail and great selection of moulds. The PMMA structure is excellent for tooth to base bonding without the brittleness of the NFC's or Phonares. On wear comparison they did better than all of the others. Being a 4 layer tooth so they have great appearance they are tops on my list for high end teeth.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
correction Artegral is a 5 layer tooth...

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Who sells this in the US? Their website mainly in German but interesting. Thanks.
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping it was TX instead of TN but at least I can get pricing locally.
Cheers!
LCM

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
You could always call Hedon Dental Supply in Arlington. If they don't carry them currently, they can probably get them.

Hendon Dental Supply

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I heard that Mark is the importer for the US, Becky is on the forum from time to time. They had an add in LMT a few months ago as well.

Nowakdental

Nowakdental

Reaction score
Mark & Becky at Hi-Tec are the only ones who carry the Mertz line in the USA no other dealer has them.

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
Have any of you tried the Unidesa teeth? Uhler is now carrying them, even to the point of rebranding.

I like the longer necks.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Thinking outloud...... Have a new case,upper denture implant, picky lady who wants same shape teeth, old anteriors are worn down. Need a premium tooth
but having a hard time choosing. Don't want to go with portrait, thinking maybe Kultzer. Just don't want to change what she has much but want better than Portrait, but not something too different. My fear is that she'll want to chnage try-in teeth two or three times (happened on last denture.) Any suggestions/ price included?

Leaning towards Mondials but wonder if that is premium enough :)

Last edited:
nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Ivoclar has the blue line plus moulds that are 18 or 20 of the most popular portrait moulds. You could try those.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
That might work, I'll look, thanks. I forgot to mention she has only one oppossing posterior tooth:rolleyes: says you can only see the front ones anyway.
Upper has 4 locators w/premium teeth, they have to be perfect. All the way around I'm worried on many levels :)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Ivoclar also has the Phonares II that is their top of the line tooth.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Great tooth and made for implants but these moulds may be tough to match to portrait.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Great tooth and made for implants but these moulds may be tough to match to portrait.

I wasn't thinking about the mould so much as the quality of the tooth.