Taco Tuesday

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
What exactly is in zaatar? I know sumac, but what else?
Za’atar is prepared from dried fresh certain kind of oregano that grows wild in the Levant, as you said sumac, roasted brown sesame seeds, cumin, natural critic acid salt, extra version olive oil, some salt and other spices, every region has its own tweeking. As for oregano I grow it in my garden and dry it and used as needed here in the US Northeast.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Many of these spices that our Mexican friends use in their Mexican cuisine are actually middle eastern spices that traveled with the settlers of the new land from ‏‏Andalusia Spain when it was under the Moors.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Many of these spices that our Mexican friends use in their Mexican cuisine are actually middle eastern spices that traveled with the settlers of the new land from ‏‏Andalusia Spain when it was under the Moors.
That's probably why I like both. North African food is pretty tasty as well. MMM Harissa sauce. Don't forget about Peri peri. Eating
Good thing I already had lunch.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
w

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

lol...and at the bottom of that article:
"At publishing time, Burger King had followed suit, forbidding anyone not descended from royalty to partake of its regal offerings like charbroiled Whoppers and Mac N’ Cheetos."

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
There's where all of the Brussels sprouts went! Looks good!
Went to the grocery store this morning and STILL no Brussels sprouts. Are they a cure for the virus that we don't know about?!?!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Went to the grocery store this morning and STILL no Brussels sprouts. Are they a cure for the virus that we don't know about?!?!
I scored some at a local produce stand. Haven't seen any at the grocery store.
They will be grilled tonight on skewers.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
KIds won't eat them. Something the parents can have to themselves.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
KIds won't eat them. Something the parents can have to themselves.
I've been eating them for as long as I can remember. My mom used to saute them with onions in bacon fat..... yummy!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Amazign Mrs puts Worchestershire sauce on them sometimes. It's a very different take. But yummy as well.

We keep a jar with the grease/fat off of bacon in the fridge.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Quite. We're a bit behind. Why, just last week we got the news that Novocaine can be injected to reduce pain.
Lol, bacon grease works just as well.