Table recommendations for Rolland Mill

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am getting a new Rolland mill, and wanted recommendations about what table I should use to put the machine on.
Thanks a lot for your help beforehand. ;)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe a couple of 18" or 24" base cabinets with drawers and a countertop screwed on top. It's what I did for my Mini and Dry mill, just a little longer run for both of them and for the PCs and monitors, with a space in-between the cabinets for the suction unit to sit.

Congratulations on the new mill :)

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Maybe a couple of 18" or 24" base cabinets with drawers and a countertop screwed on top. It's what I did for my Mini and Dry mill, just a little longer run for both of them and for the PCs and monitors, with a space in-between the cabinets for the suction unit to sit.

Congratulations on the new mill :)
Thank you @Car 54 😀

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
What kind of budget are you working with?

A few options come to mind.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
A TV tray or setting it on Gallopin Gertie, would probably not be a wise choice.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
As someone who's trying to make lightweight tables work, with iffy results: get the heaviest solid-construction stand you can, ideally an actual equipment stand and not a 'table'. Something with a lot of mass to it, and with lots of cross-bracing to avoid racking or wobbling. Most 'tables' will lack adequate cross-bracing. If you're on a budget, you can build something very sturdy with a whole bunch of 2x4s and 4x4s, look up budget workbench builds and overbuild the thing to hell and back. Just make sure to add some facility for levelling it, like screw-adjustable feet on the ends of the leg posts.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
U-Line has some great Steel tables that I have my mills sitting on. Depending on which Roland you are talking about they can weigh up to 550 lbs. So stable is importamt. Less vibration more accuracy you will achieve.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
U-Line has some great Steel tables that I have my mills sitting on. Depending on which Roland you are talking about they can weigh up to 550 lbs. So stable is importamt. Less vibration more accuracy you will achieve.
I am getting the DWX-52DCi. Could you share the uline link?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I am getting the DWX-52DCi. Could you share the uline link?
Yes, that one is a bigger animal. Get something more solid. I was thinking in terms of a 52D

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
1. it should have stable rubber footing
2. it should not have any flex in the tabletop
3. the legs need to be braced to prevent the legs from wobbling

even a butcher block table would work, as long as the legs are not on wheels.

1670281039526.png

1670281059009.png

1670281439974.png

google keywords: Vibration-free workbench

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
FWIW the stainless steel tables from Uline have been unacceptable as a mill base, even the very heavy ones. The tabletop sheets are too thin and allow too much rocking.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Could this table work for 2 rolands?
Global Industrial™ 72x30 Adjustable Height Workbench C-Channel Leg - Birch Square Edge - Black
IMO, and I don't mind being shot down, but it looks like the legs are to thin with to much of a length of space between them.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
as long as the back brace is secure and the feet are on rubber and it doesn't rock it could work.

rather something more solid. cross braces on the legs. not sheet steel.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
What about this one?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What about this one?

Yes, I like that one, with the middle leg support :) The suction unit can sit in one of the lower spaces. Just maybe have the mill be towards one side or the other so you're not banging into the middle post with your foot.
25" wide should work great stability-wise, as well as be deep enough for the mill, correct?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
6 legs are harder to balance than 4, but yes, better. in this the leg braces are at the feet, which still lets the legs themselves wobble and the top shift with the weight.

Top Bottom