Table recommendations for Rolland Mill

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
6 legs are harder to balance than 4, but yes, better. in this the leg braces are at the feet, which still lets the legs themselves wobble and the top shift with the weight.
I was wondering about that, too. The lower brace. Are you saying it will be okay, since the top may just be posts with brackets, compared to it all being one piece and welded together?

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
Its really hard to find something perfect. If you could provide a link with a work bench.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
2 of these in 18" and a 6' countertop...lol, look familiar :) You can paint the cabinets and have drawers for tools, discs etc. If needed, you could let 8" hang off each end to get the middle support you need. Or, a 24" cabinet where the mill will sit, and an 18" for a little room in-between for the suction unit. It's not pretty, but it is solid.

I'm not sure it has to be perfect whatever you get, just so you know and have peace of mind that it will be solid and not wobble.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

https://www.bluemetalindustries.com/workbenches/ (configure your own, built to order)

https://widaco.net/shop-2/esd-furniture/heavy-duty-series/heavy-duty-workbench-vt/ (you will have to rfq)

10 links.

home depot is no go. no leg bracing.

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
I like that, looks more solid, Winner. I like the heft and build of the top frame, too :) And once you get the mill on top with its weight, is going to further stabilize it.
It's for 2 mills. It's it going to work?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

https://www.bluemetalindustries.com/workbenches/ (configure your own, built to order)

https://widaco.net/shop-2/esd-furniture/heavy-duty-series/heavy-duty-workbench-vt/ (you will have to rfq)

10 links.

home depot is no go. no leg bracing.
That's where you went, I was wondering where you were :)

rivfordental

rivfordental

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too, as those are the bigger disc changers on one long-span table.
This is why I also liked the one with the leg in the middle.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
And here we are talking about bigger, wider tables, and yet some of the mills come on stands that are tall and the same size as the mill, has always left me scratching my head, stability-wise?

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
We use a Jamco work table from grainger with a 1400lb capacity for our zz m4, which is roughly 800lbs and haven't had a single problem or any table bowing. Maybe not the cheapest thing in the world but worth not having to worry about it.

If I had two, I would keep them separate.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
We use a Jamco work table from grainger with a 1400lb capacity for our zz m4, which is roughly 800lbs and haven't had a single problem or any table bowing. Maybe not the cheapest thing in the world but worth not having to worry about it.

If I had two, I would keep them separate.
Like this one?

MAFCDL

MAFCDL

Reaction score
We use these - they have several mills and printers on them and we've never had any issues with vibration - its also nice that they are modular and easy to move around as the lab has grown/changed. We have them in a lot of different sizes. I also brought a few home to use in my garage and shed - great stuff.

you can order additional legs - which I did for some of the longer ones and added extra support in the middle - not 100% sure its needed due to the thickness of the top, but I did it for extra security.

Top Bottom