Surgical Guide Help......

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Yes, constant input - every case! Terry has metal sleeves that fit nicely and are replaceable for the various size surgical drills. I do not believe that they are Titanium but honestly I don't understand why they need to be Titanium. They are metal and VERY stable. Most instability is due to the SUCK DOWN NOT BEING HELD FIRMLY BY THR ADJACENT TEETH not because of the type of metal used for the sleeve. You make a plastic "suck down" but the metal sleeve fit inside the "suck down" and the surgical drills are guided by the metal sleeve. The only time the surgeon would use the suckdown as a guide is with the final drill for the Wide neck implant when the oseteotomy is already well defined. I have the guides returned to me and use them as an indicator when the final impressons are done - this way I can see if the surgeon used the guide or not. I can then report if the implants were put where I indicated. If not, I have no responsibility for the implant placements and the surgeon is flying on his own. You have to take responsibility but only if your guide is used and if not you need to know why so that you can grow in knowledge so the next guide is improved. We are not perfect but should always strive for improvement. These guides are for the Straumann System. Call Terry!
Richard McManus

I've looked for the 3i sleeves and cannot find them can you help me with a link?
Thanks
Richard

I see, i didn't get from your technique that you had guide tubes or any hardware in the guide- sorry I assumed.
As for 3i, go to Biomet3i and on the search type the part# "SGT25", which is a 25 pack of surgical guide tubes.
As far as why titanium, well I may be mistaken, but there is the chance that during surgery shavings MAY be left at the site. Another alloy could be a contaminant- as the implant is titanium.