'Sure-Bond' from DVA - Any experience?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
So, I just got his flyer for 'Sure-Bond' in my lates delivery from DVA. It is supposed to be a 'one size fits all', NON FIRING wash application for all ceramics, be it Zr. or Lithium dislocate. So, you apply it and layer directly onto it, without prior firing.

Anyone has used it, is it any good? I like DVA and the solutions they come up with, but this makes me scratch my head...

M

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Try it, let us know after you send out 200 units and 2-3 years have passed ;) :) I agree with you, I'm a bit skeptical.

I wonder if it's like a glaze material that will fuse easily to the surface along with the porcelain when fired?
I wonder if it's just for a certain range of firing temps, like 750 -820c, compared to the higher fusing 910c zi layering porcelains?
I feel safe with the tried and true pre firing we've been doing for years, than to try something non firing. It would be different
if it was a bonding agent for light cure resin to PMMA, or cementing zirconia crowns to Ti bases etc.

Last edited:
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hahaha
Try it, let us know after you send out 200 units and 2-3 years have passed. I agree with you, I'm a bit skeptical.

I am skeptical, too. Especially on zirconia restorations. We kinda established many years ago the best way to create a 'union' between core and the layered part is a high fired thin layer of porcelain.

Edit: Corrected the auto-correct...

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Try it, let us know after you send out 200 units and 2-3 years have passed ;) :) I agree with you, I'm a bit skeptical.
Coward.
Scared of a few possible remakes?

If I got a free sample of the product I may try it on a few test cases, but tried and true wins the race,
We 'tried ' a new cement a few years ago. It worked great, easy to use, easy to clean so more was purchased.
About 1 year later crowns started coming out and needed to be recemented. Every single one of those crowns (a few hundred probably)
that were placed with that cement came out. That product got scrapped. Lol
We joked about it being used as temp cement since at times a case put in with our usual temp cement is nearly impossible to remove until
it starts to break down.

My other experience with this type of thing is electroformed copings for crowns.Argh

Top Bottom