Supplier shortages

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just got informed that MANY Dentsply teeth, in particular, are on factory backorder due to plant closures and slower throughput with reduced staffing.

Known badly affected:
Tru-Expression
Portrait
Bioform IPN
Classic

Internal email/source below from a trusted source
Please let the Team know that we are experiencing a LARGE Back order on the Dentsply line…..

if an item is placed on B/O and not shipped … it is due to the fact that Dentsply does Not have the items to ship it to us….

Large B/O are mostly on Tru-Expression, Portrait, Bioform IPN and some on Classic… we do not have a set date but I believe B/O will start to improve by Mid-August.

We have had Labs calling demanding to ship what we do not have and some are placing the Dr. on the call to justify no receiving the order..

Please know that we are doing everything we can to fulfill all orders …

Please know that we can offer to substitute with other Moulds or degree or other lines

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
perfect time for digital dentistry to kick into high gear with digital libraries allowing you to mill your own teeth.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Worst thing about spraying accelerator, it gets Very Hot anywhere there is glue. Those drips on your hand get a nice 3 week chemical burn.

Haven't sprayed it in years. Just unscrew and use the tube that's in the bottle to suck stuff to the sprayer to apply a tiny drop exactly where I want it.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Worst thing about spraying accelerator, it gets Very Hot anywhere there is glue. Those drips on your hand get a nice 3 week chemical burn.

Haven't sprayed it in years. Just unscrew and use the tube that's in the bottle to suck stuff to the sprayer to apply a tiny drop exactly where I want it.
I used that crap years ago, it popped and hit my glasses!!! Thank goodness I had them on or my eye would have been burnt. Had to get a new lens for the glasses, the accelerator wouldn't come off. I'll use monomer thank you.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I never spray the accelerator.
a couple of drops on the mating surface prior to applying the glue to the other piece works better.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I was trying to be funny! See, us removable people are so far behind, and don't get the latest tech, and, oh, never mind.
That's because we've been inhaling monomer for all of these years.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
And live in low O2 environments.
Don't forget the cyno in cyanoacrylate is cyanide. Will dissolve gold... Ya hate the accelerator, monomer as Doris said and an old colleague of mine told me water as well, sorry but didn't try water yet, isn't that crazy, lazy?? Hmmmm2

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of weenies.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Just got informed that MANY Dentsply teeth, in particular, are on factory backorder due to plant closures and slower throughput with reduced staffing.
Known badly affected:
Tru-Expression
Portrait
Bioform IPN
Classic
[/QUOTE]

Dply seems to step on their own feet. I remember a ce class I took about the time eclipse came out. Dply was trying to build hype and the class leader who was suffering a hangover, may he rip (you all would know who he was :) was going around asking if certain people got the invite, that only special people received one. Guess I wasn't special lol, and had to ask what it was about. It was the eclipse unit :) Anyway, dply is on the verge of losing their best customers (probably most of their customers) with the product cancellations and business missteps. I really like their products, it's a shame.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's called monomer....
Never liked using monomer. I've used superglue + acclerator to build negatives that pop out when I nudge them, but if I use monomer instead it will bond to instead of pop offf/out.

Real handy trick when putting a clasp origin on the palatal side and going to the distal of say 6 then around the facial of 6. Leaves enough room for the wire to reciprocate without me having to try and use a fissure burr or '1/2 round' to make it work.

Top Bottom