supplier for silver solder??

L

labdude

Reaction score
I have found that getting solder from the local welding supply to be reasonable. Eugene Springfield,Or.
56% Cadmium free. 1 troy oz.-is always usually less than $20.00. Did pay $21.00 one time.
I find that if I get it in 5 troz oz. it is about $100.00.
Flux I use is white brazing flux. $5.00 for 1/2 pound.(227g)
Both are from Harris Products.

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
That very interesting, never though of a welding supply place, thought they used different stuff. What form does it come in? spools? sticks? That is a very nice price. The place I get mine is jawproducts.com its 84.96 for 4 troy oz

L

labdude

Reaction score
Comes in spool form. Size is your choice if you order in advance. They usually have 1/16" spools in stock. 1oz to 5 oz.
Same stuff, make sure you get 56% silver, that does vary, down to 25%.

trisha

trisha

Reaction score
I use great lakes solder and flux. I was concerned about the liability of using a product that was not specifically for the mouth?? Perhaps it does not matter??

RetainerDesigner

RetainerDesigner

Reaction score
I use great lakes solder and flux. I was concerned about the liability of using a product that was not specifically for the mouth?? Perhaps it does not matter??

Same here.

But, i figured that if it has the exact same ingredients it should be fine.

I guy i worked for in San Antonio told me that he figured out that one of his ortho plaster suppliers got their plaster from a company in San Antonio. He looked them up and ordered from them directly. GET THIS, 100lb of plaster for something like 16 dollars! and they delivered. Talk about a deal!

L

labdude

Reaction score
Solders acrylic plaster, came come from different places. Your job is to make sure the product contains nothing dangerous.
These items do more or less have a origin in common some times. Used to be all acrylic started from Dupont. etc.
Solder, make sure itis cadmium free, and 56% silver for strength and such. It is the same as what is offered by suppliers. Just doesn't have to be associated with "Dental Supply" which carries a premium. Like buying a scrub brush from a dental supplier, or the corner store. Good example is the steamer talked about here. The ones that come from a dental supplier compared to Bed & Bath.
I apologize to dental suppliers.

Top Bottom