Supernumerary teeth CAD design...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have a case that is 11 maxillary crowns, but.. the guy has two #7's. Anyone have a workaround to get the software to recognize that 2nd lateral as a lateral so that I get the correct library tooth. I have a way Im going to do it and its a PIA.. I wanted to see if anyone else had a suggestion.... TIA

J

Jammin

Reaction score
is this in Exocad? if so, you can easily change the tooth library in expert mode just for that tooth by clicking on "load custom tooth model"

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It is now.. thanks

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Yes in Exocad it's fairly easy.

If its lets say crowns from #3-14, with 2 #7

Id select from #2-14 for the additional tooth. When selecting margin for #6 do the adjacent #7. So you'd be offset by one from #3-6. Then you'd have to load custom teeth for those #3-7

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have a case that is 11 maxillary crowns, but.. the guy has two #7's. Anyone have a workaround to get the software to recognize that 2nd lateral as a lateral so that I get the correct library tooth. I have a way Im going to do it and its a PIA.. I wanted to see if anyone else had a suggestion.... TIA
even if its 3shape you can just set the tooth number as whatever in the log in...change to a lateral prior to designing. done deal!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's easy in 3Shape as well. Just choose a single tooth in the library and you can change each selection to whatever tooth you want to design.
even if its 3shape you can just set the tooth number as whatever in the log in...change to a lateral prior to designing. done deal!

Thanks, guys, I was wondering about that for 3Shape :)

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I can design a full arch of whichever tooth number you want. I've designed a 3 Unit anterior bridge before of all molars that looked like anteriors from the facial, but the occlusion was of molars...it was cool looking.